Search for content in message boards

Does anyone need help finding Fabers?

Does anyone need help finding Fabers?

Courtney (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 11:23AM GMT
Hi. I have a a book of where all the Fabers live in the world. So if you can give me there name, and where they live (state or country), then I can give you their address. Just e-mail me, Lvgal4ever@aol.com.

Courtney

Faber Family Tree

David Faber (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 5:53PM GMT
Looking to find the family tree. Father Ephraim Jacob Faber came to Canada from US in 1950. His parents came from Russia to Ellis Island in New York early 1900s.

Faber

Gayle Byrne (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 3:43PM GMT
My grandmother was a Faber. Her family, father and sister came to the US in either 1905 or 1906 from Russia, I believe a small shetel outside of Kiev. She married my grandfather, Samuel Sher in 1906.Her mother's name was Golda, and she had a brothr named Hyman. Could this be a part of the family you are looking for?

Faber

Gayle Byrne (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 3:43PM GMT
My grandmother was a Faber. Her family, father and sister came to the US in either 1905 or 1906 from Russia, I believe a small shetel outside of Kiev. She married my grandfather, Samuel Sher in 1906.Her mother's name was Golda, and she had a brothr named Hyman. Could this be a part of the family you are looking for?

Faber

David Faber (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 4:15PM GMT
Could be. There is a Louis Faber in New York who is doing an extensive research on Fabers. The original name is Fabricant or Fabrikant. The village where my Grandfather(Benjamin) came from was Gomel. I live on the Sunshine Coast in the Pacific Northwest. Where do you live?

Ephraim Jacob Faber

Jane Stepak (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2000 12:10PM GMT
I just visited the Mt. Lebanon Cemetery in Queens NY where there is a plot for Ephraim Jacob Faber (8/6/1911 - 10/3/1988). These dates do not match those of the Ephraim you mention, but maybe he is a relative also? Others in the plot who were children of one or more previous Ephraim Jacobs are: Mirima, Devorah, Benjamin, Abraham, Louis, Max, Rebecca, Samuel, and Frieda.
I am looking for relatives of Samuel M. Faber (1868 - 1933), including a brother who owned a theater in Batavia, NY and another brother who may have lived in Philadelphia. Samuel arrived in NY 9/1904.
Do you have email or phone # of Louis Faber in NY who is doing research?
Thx!

ephraim jacob faber

David F faber (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 5:03PM GMT
To contact Lewis Faber 212-666-8801. I notice your last name is Stepak, I have a friend here in British Columbia,Canada whose name is David Stepak. I would like to know your Faber connection and your Stepak history. It would be interesting to see the connection if there is one.

ephraim jacob faber

David F faber (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 5:03PM GMT
To contact Lewis Faber 212-666-8801. I notice your last name is Stepak, I have a friend here in British Columbia,Canada whose name is David Stepak. I would like to know your Faber connection and your Stepak history. It would be interesting to see the connection if there is one.

Fabers

Jane Stepak (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 10:37AM GMT
David - thx for your reply and Lewis' phone number! I can give you more details on the Faber - Stepak connection, if you'd like. Email me at: jstepak@bigfoot.com.

Ephraim Jacob Faber/Fabricant/Fabrikant family

Ted Kandell (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2000 3:48PM GMT
Hi,

I'm Lew Faber's cousin and E.J.Faber's great-grandson. Ephraim Yankel Fabrikant was born in 1839 probably in Vetka, Belarus, near Gomel. He died in 1906 and is buried in Mt. Zion Cemetery in Queens, NY. His descendants are buried in Mt.Lebanon Cemetery in Queens NY. His father was Dov Ber Fabrikant, and his mother was Badane Weiss, daughter of Avraham Weiss. If you would to see a picture of of some of these people, go to:

Family Photo: circa 1900 (http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/7360/Family_Photo_Circa_1900...)

The persons in the photo are as follows:
L-R: Taibe Faber/Fabrikant (nee Damesek) (2nd wife of Ephraim Yankel), Shloime Fabrikant (youngest son of Ephraim Yankel),
Faige Adlin (nee Figlin) (half-sister of Taibe), Sonia Figlin (nee Eventov) (mother of Taibe and Faige, 3rd wife of Ephraim Yankel's cousin Dov Ber Figlin),
Miriam Wasserman (nee Faber/Fabrikant) (daughter of Ephraim Yankel),
Badane Fabrikant (nee Weiss) (mother of Ephraim Yankel!),
Freida Felderman (nee Faber/Fabrikant) (daughter of Ephraim Yankel),
Ephraim Yankel Fabrikant (Ephraim Jacob Faber).

From what I have gathered, almost all Fabrikants originate from one of three places:
Ostrow Mazowiecki in Poland, Minsk, and the area around Gomel in Belarus. I have heard from some Ostrow Fabrikants that their family originated in Southeastern Belarus (near Gomel) and spread to Poland when a descedant was sent to administer an estate owned by one of the members of the family, after he was discharged from the Russian Army. Researching in Yad Vashem (the Holocaust memorial institute in Jerusalem, Israel), it seems that most Fabrikants who perished in the Holocaust were from Vetka, Belarus, so it is likely that the entire widespread family actually originated there. There is also a tradition of rabbinical descent in the family.
There was also an older cousin of Ephraim Jacob Faber/Fabrikant's in Vetka named Dov Ber Figlin (known as Bere Patchosser) who was the husband of the Sonia Figlin in the photo and the step-father of his second wife, Taibe Faber/Fabrikant (nee Damesek), so the Figlin family is also related.
Another related family (probably through a sibling of Badane Fabrikant) is the Duskin/Uduskin family of England and Chicago.

** The Fabrikant name was changed in 1895 by Abraham Faber (son of Ephraim Yankel) upon arrival in the U.S., for "business reasons", so he could be listed in the NYC Directory after Eberhard Faber, Pencil Manufacturer.
He was the first child of E.Y.Fabrikant to immigrate to the U.S., and the rest of the family followed suit in changing their names to Faber.

you can email me at:

tkandell@verticalnet.com or
ted@cyber-wizard.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic