Search for content in message boards

Kreider: Elkhart, Indiana

Kreider: Elkhart, Indiana

Maria Kreider (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2002 2:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for Frank Kreider married to Margaret Paulus in Elkhart, Indiana in 1889. Some of his children were: Carl, Albert and Dayton Kreider.
I have found many Frank Kreiders and I have no idea where to search next. I believe Frank was a pastor and may have moved around qute a bit.
Thanks.

Maria

Re: Kreider: Elkhart, Indiana

Jill Wagoner (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 3:01AM GMT
I don't know of a Frank Kreider, but, I have Kreiders in my family that were from Marshall Co. Indiana. I don't have much info at all about them, but you can contact me if you'd like.
Jill

Posted: 7 Feb 2002 4:14AM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2005 12:41AM GMT
Hi, I don't have Frank in my tree but I too am researching Kreiders in Elkhart Co., Indiana during the same time frame. Mine are Newton Kreider m: Anna Getz. They would have just started their family about the time your Frank was born. Their children are Maud, Norman, Lloyd, Cora, Edith, Adam, & Ella. I'll keep my eyes open for your names as there is a good chance we have mutual people. Let me know if any of mine ring a bell. Good luck searching!!

Maria Kreider (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 1:07AM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I don't recognize any of your names either, but if I do, I will post the information here.

Brian Kreider (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2003 9:23PM GMT
My grandfather was named Albert Kreider and lived in Goshen and New Paris, IN. He has since passed away. He as three surviving sons. Two in IN and one in AZ.

Georgia (Smith) Kreider (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2003 12:24AM GMT
My husband Willis is the son of Albert and grandson of the Frank Kreider who married Margaret Paulus. Our son Brian has replied earlier then asked if I'd want to reply to your query.
Let me know what info you require.

Joseph R. Murnane (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2003 1:05PM GMT
Hi Maria!
I have a Dayton Kreider who married Helen Holderman in Elkhart, IN. I have been looking for them for quite a while. I just found this site that gives some family information and pictures.<http://www.iwaynet.net/~lsci/Miller/E5JM/I4AJR.htm>;. I would be interested in any information on Dayton and Helen Holderman Kreider.
Joseph R. Murnane
4219 Jersey Rd.
Williamson, NY 14589
315-589-6631
JMurnane77@aol.com

Re:Rev. Frank Kreider: Elkhart, Indiana

Joseph R. Murnane (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2003 1:41PM GMT
Hi Maria! I just found Frank Kreider's obituary in my files. It was sent me several months ago by the a librarian in the Elkhart area on the off chance that it might fit into my Holderman/Kreider connection, which it has! Frank's son, Dayton is related to my wife's Holderman family. I have just made a contact with the family. It's too bad that all obits. are not as complete as this one. This will give you a lot of information. I should have more information soon. Let me know if you want any more information. Joe

Obituary
Waharusa Tribune
5/25/1950

Rev. Frank Kreider, 87, a native and life-long resident of Harrison township died Friday at the Weaver Convalescent home in Waterford. He and his wife, Dora, went to the home several months ago.
He was born June 9, 1862, in Harrison township, the son of Mr. and Mrs. John Kreider.
He was first married on Feb. 16, 1889, to Maggie Paulus, who died Oct. 12, 1904. His second marriage was to Goldie Mishler on Dec. 5, 1905; she died on Feb. 2, 1926. His third marriage took place on June 9, 1929, to Dora Hendricks, who survives.
Other survivors include three sons. Albert V. of New Paris, Carl W. of Milwaukee, and Dayton J. of Elkhart; four daughters, Mrs. C.D. (Minnie) Huber of Foraker, Mrs. Willis (Mary) Schreck of Goshen and Mrs. Louis (Ruth) Weldy and Mrs. Wayne (Florence) Wagner, both of Elkhart; 17 grandchildren, seven great grandchildren and a brother, Jeremiah, of Seffner, Fla.
Mr. Kreider entered the ministry Oct. 31, 1895 and served as the pastor of the Elkhart Valley Church of the Brethren. He had served that church his entire career, during which he officiated at more than 500 funerals and more than 350 weddings. Funeral services were held at 2 p.m. Monday at the Elkhart Valley church in charge of the Rev. Charles Stouder. Burial in Prairie Street cemetery.

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 12:16AM GMT
I have the same family in my tree. Newton is the 1st cousin 1x removed from Dallas.

James
per page

Find a board about a specific topic