Search for content in message boards

John Lamm

John Lamm

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lamm
I am looking for information on John Lamm. Born 1814-1915 in Tennessee. His parents are William and Mary Boren Lamm. They moved to Cooper County, Missouri in 1816. He would be an older brother to Alexander Lamm. Any information would be helpful. Donna Lamm

Re: John Lamm

Posted: 20 Jul 2001 10:51AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2005 4:05AM GMT
Surnames: Lamm, Boren, Moore, Wiseman, Thomas
I don't have information on your John, but a An older brother James who married Anna Boren. I have searched all over for the siblings of James. I will share what I have on Williams family if you need it. Thanks for posting.

Posted: 25 Mar 2002 10:45PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2003 8:35PM GMT
Where in Tennessee is your John Lamm from. I have ggggrandfather, Alexander Washington Lamb coming from Tennessee to Camden County, MO. His birth date was 1811. One of my Alexander's had a son, John, born 1842.

Donna Lamm (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2002 2:13AM GMT
I don't know where he was from in Tennessee. His grandparents moved from near Salisbury, N.C., in 1796 to Tennessee. John's father was 2 years old when the family moved. As near as I can tell, John was the oldest of 8 children, seven who lived. The youngest was Alexander. He was born Nov. 22, 1832, in Moniteau County, Linn Township, Missouri, and is buried at Clayton Cemetery near Boonville, MO. He died sept 12, 1909. John's father William had a brother named Alexander. If I can share anything else, I have, let me know.

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 10:43PM GMT
I am currently following a lead that has my Alexander as a son of John Lamm and Nancy Moore both of which were born in Rowan County, NC. The Alexander of John Lamm and Nancy Moore has a brother William as well as 6 other siblings. The children of John and Nancy seemed to all have been born in TN, possibly in Cocke County. Does any of this sound familar? Thanks, lisa

Donna Lamm (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2002 5:49PM GMT
The parents of my John were William and Mary "Polly" Boren. John moved with his parents to Cooper County, Missouri, when he was very young, around a year or less old. According to information from a book, John has seven brothers and sisters and only one did not live to adulthood. Peggy Villanueva might be able to help you as she is researching the same line. If you will e-mail me at donnalamm@yahoo.com I will give you her e-mail address.
Donna

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 2:19PM GMT
Surnames: Lamm
I saw your post and noticed the Lamm surname you mentioned were in Mo at one time. Any chance you are connected to a Catherine Lamm not sure how long yet but she lived in St Louis Mo might have been till her death in 1919.

Donna Lamm (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2003 4:05AM GMT
I have not come across a Catherine Lamm in my research. My husband's direct line lived in Cooper County (Boonville), Missouri. If I run across Catherine I will let you know.
Donna Lamm

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 10:32PM GMT
Alexander Washington Lamb is my gggrandfather. He married Amanda Pulley in KY. They moved to Camden Co. MO following the marriage.
Do you have any earlier information on the Lamb/Lamm family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic