Search for content in message boards

looking for any information

looking for any information

Posted: 13 Mar 2003 3:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Mar 2003 5:57PM GMT
My father, Marshal (Jack) Maidment has been trying to reserch our family for years. My grandfather Wendell Maidment died five years ago and never really talked about our past. What I know is that my great grandfather was Arthur Maidment born in 1876. I believe that he was in Canada for awhile before moving to the Detroit area. He owned Maidment Dry Goods before the depression. I was going through posts and maybe my great grandfather is the son of Joseph Maidment (with the 11 kids) from S. Willingham Lincolnshire....the dates sound familiar. I need to go back to his grave to get all of the middle names. There are three people burried there, wish my dad was home so I could get all of their names. I would love to help him find out more about our family.
Sara Margaret Maidment

Re: looking for any information

Karen Cooney (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 11:29PM GMT
Read your post regarding Arthur Maidment born in 1876. Joseph Maidment father of 11 children is my GGGrandfather. He did have a son Arthur Maidment, but he was born in 1867. His wife's name was Ada. In the 1901 Census they had children: Nellie -1888; Beatrice 1893; Maud E, 1895;Henry, 1898; Albert H. 1900.

Posted: 3 Aug 2004 11:31PM GMT
my great grandparents were Maidments. They were from the Flint MI. His name was Lloyd and married a lady named Pearl ???? (cant remember her last name at the moment). They had 3 children Clarice, Lloyd and (I believe) Arthur. I dont know if they are any relation, would you know?

Sara Maidment (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2004 12:44AM GMT
Well....My Grandfather was Wendell Maidment. My greatgrandfather was Arthur Maidment, but he was born in 1874 in Canada. He used to own Maidment Dry Goods in Downtown Detroit. It sounds like that went under durring the depression. My grandfather passed away in 97, but they lived up north...around Houghton Lake. And if they're from the Flint area....I'm puzzled. I don't know a single other Maidment in Michigan besides My uncles, aunts, brothers, and cousins (and I don't care for my cousins, most are a bit trashy). I know so little about them....we're probably related.

LLoyd Maidment

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 3:27PM GMT
Surnames: Maidment
I have information about Lloyd back to his great grandfather.

Jerry (jlesli2@embarqmail.com)

Posted: 28 May 2011 8:12PM GMT
The 3rd Childs name was Wayne.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions