Search for content in message boards

Peoples of Alabama

Peoples of Alabama

Arthur Peoples (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2000 8:56AM GMT
My Father was Arnold Clinton Peoples born 1917 in Hamilton, Ala of Arthur Clinton Peoples. Does anyone have any info about this family. I'm just learning about my family and would appreciate any info on how do start this search. Thanks

Peoples in or around AL.

Joe Anne Judah (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2000 1:40PM GMT
The names don't ring a bell with me, but I'm a fourth generation by marriage to the peoples. My great grandmother married a Peoples, don't know his first name. My great grandmothers name was Elizebeth, she was called Lizie. They had one daughter, name was Zillie Mavis Peoples my grandmother, she married Jim Sketo my grandfather and they moved to or near Bonifay, Florida later on in their lives. My mother was Edna Mae Sketo, borned in Mobel AL. and is still alive and living in NC near me. If you know any of these people or someone you know might know these people please contact me at my E-mail address: jojann521@aol.com
Thank you so much and God bless

Peoples

Annette Peoples (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 6:25PM GMT
My father was born in Aniston Alabama in 1919
his name was Orris Mitchell Peoples. Had 11 other siblings.
His fathers name was Henderson and he married Callie Traylor.
I have family that had lived or is presently living in Aniston, Mobil, Montogomery.

Peoples family in Alabama

Posted: 1 Jul 2000 6:34PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 8:29PM GMT
Contact Dr. Lynn Thompson Peoples

(lpeoples@wwisp.com)

She is currently working on a book
about the Peoples family in the
Alabama area.

My ggrandfather was Joseph Manley Peoples.
Good luck on your research, Cousin :-)
dbaker

peoples family

laura marie peoples (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 1:47PM GMT
I am trying to fine relatives of the peoples family. My fathere was Leroy Peoples and my mother is Juliet peoples. we live in Athens, Al and I would like to know if we are related. Please e-mail me at the above address as soon as possible. Thank you

Surname, TERRY

RONNIE R. TERRY (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 11:06PM GMT
Hi,Do you have any relatives with the last name TERRY? I am from Alabama also and my grandmother was Pearl Peoples. There are Walkers and Johnsons too.

Pearl Peoples was my great aunt

Posted: 11 Sep 2000 4:18PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 8:29PM GMT
If your grandmother was Pearly Abigail Peoples Brewer,
you and I are cousins. My grandmother was Myrtle Peoples,
sister to Pearl. They were born and raised just outside
of Birmingham in an area called Pine Mountain .
Does this ring any bells ?
Debbie Baker

PEARL PEOPLES

RONNIE TERRY (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2000 9:14PM GMT
HI DEBBIE JUST SAW YOUR REPLY. BEEN RUNNING AROUND THE COUNTRY DELIVERING CARS. I HAUL NEW CARS FOR GENERAL MOTORS UP HERE IN MICHIGAN. YES MY GRANDMOTHER WAS PEARL PEOPLES AND I BELIEVE THE REST OF THE NAME YOU WROTE IS TRUE ALSO, ALTHOUGH IT WILL TAKE SOME DOING TO ESTABLISH IT. I INTEND TO FIGURE IT OUT THOUGH. I HAVE COUSINS ALL OVER ALABAMA. WRITE BACK IF YOU WANT AND WE WILL TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT. I AM PRESENTLY DOING A SEARCH ON MY INDIAN REALITIVES. ARE YOU CHEROKEE? THANK YOU FOR REPLYING, SORRY TO BE SO SLOW IN GETTING BACK TO YOU. BYE FOR NOW. RON TERRY, aka CherokeeJoeBrave

Terry surname

Bruce Smith (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 11:09AM GMT
My Grandfathers name was LM Terry. I was wondering if his ancestors were owned by Cherokee slaveowners either in Georgia, or Alabama. I know that there was a Terry that owned slaves in Webster county Georgia,also one of the Cherokee Freedmen surnames is Terry. The Cherokee are the only Indians that had Freedmen with that surname. Ever run across anything?

Relatives with the last name Terry

Bruce Smith (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 11:12AM GMT
Yes we have quite a few. My grandfather was LM Terry. lived in Oklahoma most of life, had lived in Texas, and possibly Tennessee.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions