Samuel Phippen Vermont, Jefferson Co NY

Samuel Phippen Vermont, Jefferson Co NY

Mabry Benson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Phippen, Lane, Moore, Orvis, Story, Tuttle, Sinlcair
Looking for desc of:

Samuel PHIPPEN b 1743 Topsfield Mass, d 1820 Jefferson Co NY
son of Samuel Phippen & Emme\\Amy Averill (1715-1799)
Came to Vermont in 1770.
1808. Moved to Jefferson County, New York.

Spouse: Ruth LANE, m 1784 Westminster, Vermont
b 1760-3 Hadley, Mass, d 1839 Watertown, Jefferson Co NY
dau of John Lane & Olive Jennings (1736-1822)

Children

1 Ruth Phippen b 1786

2 Zuba Phippen
Married William MOORE.

3 Aseph Phippen
Children: John, Hiram, Samuel, Amasa, Richard, Amelia, Electa, Lucinda, Lovinia, George, Armena.

4 Susan Phippen b 1792 Vermont
Married 1812 Ira ORVIS

5 Enos Phippen
Married Susan STORY.

6 Horatio Phippen b 1798, 1861 Watertown, Jefferson Co NY
Married Eliza TUTTLE. Children: Homer, Chauncey, Roswell.

7 Sally Phippen
Married John SINLCAIR.

8 Amelia Phippen b 1799 Westminster, Vermont, d 1801

9 Chester Phippen b 1802, 25 Jul 1881 Watertown, Jefferson Co NY

Mabry Benson
62 Eureka Ave, Kensington, California 94707-1111
email: benson@acm.org

Re: Samuel Phippen Vermont, Jefferson Co NY

evelyn (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2002 5:24AM GMT
Surnames: Phippen
I have a very old psalm/hymn book with name in back of Horatio Phippen which came from Jefferson County. Looks like other writing too but I cannot read it as its too faint. email is savagete@earthlink.net. If you have an interest write me.

Carol Hawk (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 2:32PM GMT
I am tracing the line of Aseph Phippen down through Amasa Phippen...would be interested to know if you have any information on either one of them...I know Amasa was born in abt. 1820 in New York state married in abt 1858 to Serepta {sp?} ? b. abt. 1825 in New York state as well...I am sure Amasa died before the 1880 census in Stockholm, Saint Lawrence Co., New York and Serepta died after 1890 {before 1900} in Stockholm as well...known children are Herbert b. 1859, Flora b. abt. 1861, Homer b. 1863, and Sarah b. abt. 1868. All born in Lawrence Co., New York..

Mabry Benson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 3:36PM GMT
The only info I have on Aseph Phippen is that list of children. I got it from Genealogy of the Phippen family in the Phippen files at the library in Waatertown, New York. My daughter's belongings are blocking the file cabinet where I keep those files, so I can't say if there is any more in my notes. It certainly is family information from someone local. Write me (benson@acm.org) in a few months when she has moved, and ask me to check my notes.

Re Susannah Story m Enos Phippen

Claudia Day (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2004 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: Story
I have applications for pension by Susannah Story from her second husband based on his War of 1812 service. According to those documents Enos Phippin were married in 1810 and Enos died in 1814 near Lake Champlain. Thank you for the information about Enos' family. I am trying to find more information about the Story family.

Oops wrong dates

claudia day (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2004 3:48AM GMT
I do not know the date of marriage of Susannah Story and Enos Phippen. It could not have been 1810 when Susannah was five years old. Enos died in April, 1828 in Ohio.

Posted: 3 Jan 2006 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Phippen
The marriage and children that you list confuse me because the records that I have about Amasa are different. He married Harriett Nelson, moved to Wisconsin, and fought in the Civil War as a Wisconsin volunteer and died in Iowa in 1908.

For further discussion, contact me at snorrin@comcast.net

Diana

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Phippen, Nelson, Abbott, Lurel
This Amasa in your post is my GGG-Grandfather. I show that his wife was Hannah Nelson b:1831, dau of Justus C. Nelson. I'm looking for his parents. I've heard tell that his dad's name was Aseph, but I've been told that there were 2 Amasa Phippen's in NY in 1850, one in Jefferson Co., and another in St. Lawrence. I'm pretty sure my Amasa is the one from Jefferson Co., tho. I posted a msg about him just yesterday. Are you related to Amasa? If so, how? Do you have more information on him, his descendants or ancestry?

Thanks in advance,
Kim Smith, OKC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions