Search for content in message boards

JOHAN WEGNER

JOHAN WEGNER

MELBA [WEGNER] FALL (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2003 12:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT JOHAN WEGNER WHO HAD A SON NAMED PAUL, BORN IN SITTNOW,COUNTY OF FLATOW,PRUSSIA ON APRIL 20,1848. THE FAMILY EMIGRATED TO THE U.S. SOMETIME AFTER THAT DATE. SON PAUL MARRIED IN NORTH JUDSON,INDIANA ON JUL.1,1875 . TO AUGUSTE ADAM. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE WERE ANY OTHER CHILDREN OTHER THAN PAUL.,WHAT SHIP THEY MIGHT HAVE COME OVER ON,AND TO WHAT PORT. THEY SETTLED IN RENVILLE COUNTY,MINNESOTA,THEN ON TO LAFE ARKANSAS ,WHERE PAUL DIED. HIS CHILDREN WERE HERMAN AUGUST,GUSTAV OTTO., AGUSTE EMILIE,PAUL WILHELM,LOUISE MARIE AND OTHERS.

WOULD APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION.

Re: JOHAN WEGNER

Posted: 6 Sep 2003 8:06PM GMT
I have a Johann Wegner in my family tree who was born in Neides, Kreis Greifenberg, Pommern in 1818. The only child I have is Wilhelm August Wegner, born in 1845 in Neides, Kreis Greifenberg, Pommern, who emigrated to the US and settled in Wisconsin. Johann's parents were Peter Wegner and Charlotte Wegner (they were distant cousins). Johann's wife was Christine Schumacher. Hope this helps.

Posted: 7 Nov 2007 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Wegner/Wagner
Wondering if this is the same Johan Wegner as my Great-Grandfather:
Johan Wegner born may 12, 1818 in Germany. Moved to Wisconsin. Wife Albertine Dorthy (Tena) Trichtel (we have several spellings of her names) - born Jan 10, 1824. Married in Approx. 1861. Children:
Mathilda Wegner (My grandmother),
August Herman born 12/21/1848 in Witznitz,Pommern, Germany/died May 18, 1912 in Grafton, Iowa.
Augusta born 12/25/1849 in Pommern, Germany, Died 7/2/1937 in Oshkosh, WI

Mathilda had a son Emil (my grandfather) born out of wedlock/raised by her parents. Mathilda later married a man in Iowa.

Wegner from Kreis Flatow, Pommerania

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 4:43PM GMT
I have 2 letters written in 1911 and 1912 by Albert Wegner from Krajanke, Kreis Flatow, Pomerania (now Krajenka, Poland).

The letters were sent to my great grandfather, Julius Schallhorn who lived in southwest Michigan. They are in German and I have not translated them, but I have scanned them and can email copies to anyone researching the Wegner family in the Flatow area.

Gail

Posted: 15 Jul 2008 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: Wegner
I have a Johan Wegner b. 2-12-1839 Germany d. 10/28/1920 WI. He married Chrisena Gellgusch and had 6 more children. Then he married Caroline Zimmerman, and had eight more children. Out of 14 Children I only know the names of 7.
1. William b. 1867
2. John b. 1867
3. Henry b. 1871
4. Albert b. 1873
5. Emil b. 1875
6. Caroline b. 1877
12. Ferdinand Martin b. 05/10/1893 WI
I hope this is helps someone. I have very little information on his parents but I could possibly help.

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: WEGNER, HUER, ERDMANN
This is the son of my 3 great grandmother. Although not my direct line, her son by another is my great great grandfather. I would really be interested in information.

Re: Wegner from Kreis Flatow, Pommerania

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 6:07AM GMT
Surnames: WEGNER, WITT, SCHALLHORN
I have a WEGNER family which could possibly have come from the Krojanke parish, Kr. Flatow-- Johann Michael Wegner, b 1836, who at Lobsens, Kr. Wirsitz, 1863, married Auguste WITT, b 1842, and moved to Milwaukee, WIS, in 1882. I would be interested in scans of the letters you mention. Please send to my e-mail address-- neumannATsasktel.net (change AT to @ sign). Thanks. Are you related to the WEGNERS at all, or were they just acquaintances of the SCHALLHORNs?

Posted: 5 Apr 2013 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Witt Wegner
Augusta Witt Wegner's family published her death notices in the local German papers. They're indexed in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). Maybe Johann Michael Wegner's too.

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.

Posted: 5 Apr 2013 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: WEGNER
Gail, Gary's e-mail to me brought my attention to the e-mail I sent you in 2009 regarding your WEGNERs from Kreis Flatow. I mentioned interest in seeing the two letters in German which you had obtained. I don't recall any response from you on that-- I would still be interested and would be willing to translate the letters, if you wish. As I wrote, send them to my e-mail neumannATsasktel.net (change AT to the @ sign). I hope it's not too late to be of some help and also perhaps learn more of WEGNER family history.
My WEGNERS, I have since learned since 2009, were from the Lischkowo (=Witzleben), Lobsens parish, Kreis Wirsitz, Posen, but a few of the children, including Johann Michael WEGNER, were born in Kreis Flatow (but at Battrow, not Krojanke).
Thanks for any response. Ken Neumann

Posted: 5 Apr 2013 3:38AM GMT
Hi Ken,

I've scanned the original letters and posted translations at the bottom of this page: http://pah.cert.ucr.edu/aqm/gail/Schallhorn.shtml

The letter from Alfred to Julius are at the link: Letters to Julius Albert Wegner

I'm not sure how accurate the translations are, so I'd appreciate any corrections. There also letters to Karl and to Laura from 1907-1910, and I think they provide interesting commentary on life during this era.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic