Search for content in message boards

Due or Dew Cherokee

Due or Dew Cherokee

Smith, Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Due, Dew
Looking for information on Thomas Due or Dew, born 1783-84 in cherokee nation east in what is now the state of TN. To Robert Due a Scots Trader and Elizabeth Emory a mixed blood cherokee. Elizabeth Emory was had been married to another trader by the name of James Rogers. Thomas Dues brother was Chief John "Jolly" Due. I know that Chief John Jolly moved to AR. in 1818, he and a party of 18 members are listed in the Roll of 1817 that moved to the AR terr. My problem is the Roll only listed John Jolly Roll # 40 and a party of 18. Is it likey that Thomas Due is included in that 18? Thomas Due was also know as Dew and some of my people spell it both ways Due or Dew. I also have found that a Dew was on the Roll of 1828 who moved to AR. from TN. with a party of 6 can anyone tell me something of this man and party?

Thoams Due or Dew was married to Mary ____ born 1788? in Murray Co., TN. any information would be helpful. Thanks

Re: Due or Dew Cherokee

Posted: 27 Oct 2006 12:59AM GMT
HI,
I am looking for some info on Chief John Jolly Rogers or any of the Rogers Cherokee clan. I saw you mentioned the roll of 1817 and I was needing to find a roll # of some of the Rogers. I just adopted a baby of Native American decent and need a paper trail connection. Can you please send me any info you might have? Thank you so much-
God Bless you-
Melanie

Re: Due or Dew Cherokee

Posted: 1 Nov 2006 8:44PM GMT
Melanie

Would you please email me.

bobkatq@aol.com

Kathy Roberts
(Admin)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic