Search for content in message boards

origin of name

origin of name

rosa (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2000 8:30AM GMT
Looking for stories about origin of farmer name.

name orgins

Bonnie Farmer (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 9:42PM GMT
i found on farmerfamily.org/index the background of the name. the family decended from a companion of william the conqueror. the earliest spelling was ffermour in records dating from 1354. if you get this site go to index and click on in america since 1607 and you can read about it. i am just starting my search on the farmer family. hope this helps

bonnie farmer

connie girard (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2000 7:26AM GMT
would you be bonnie farmer,your mother was
louise farmer,sharron kay,bonnie,bill boy,????????

if so please e-mail me,connie,my mom is judy

connie's email

Bonnie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2000 8:31AM GMT
sorry but i married into the farmer family and am try to find something out about my husbands family as they don't have any information at all on them except the grandparents names-willie and golda (ramey) farmer

AM ALSO A FARMER

Posted: 2 Oct 2000 10:39AM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2002 3:58PM GMT
AM ALSO A FARMER - CAN WE EXCHANGE INFO

info

bonnie farmer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2000 3:22PM GMT
yes i will give you what i have which isn't very much. my father-in-law's parents died when he was very young and he didn't have any info about them and he died jan.6, 2000.his parents were willie and golda (ramey) farmer. willie died in prestonsburg. ky 2-21-1938 age 35. golda died 3-24-1936 in prestonsburg age 33. they are suppose to be buried at richmond cementery in prestonsburg ky. there also is aa gypsy farmer her parents were james m farmer and mary frances dye farmer. so far this is all that i have found. hope it might help you.

M?

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 11:54PM GMT
Hello, What is the middle name of James M. Farmer?

re: m

Bonnie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 11:49AM GMT
i don't know what the m stands for. this is something that i found on the internet and my father-in-law didn't remember his family as he was very young when his parents died. so this is something i would like to find if i could.sorry i couldn't help

Farmer Names

Ted (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2000 5:35PM GMT
William Farmer (1550) had a son Thomas Farmer. He came from England to Virginia in 1615 out of the Port of London to Virginia. This was 4 years before the Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock in 1620. They've been here a long time. Names were from saxon I'm told and were fermour, Fermor, Farmor, and Farmer from many parts of England. I can go back to this William as being my 11th Great Grandfather. Most Farmers in relation being in, NC, SC, TN, and other places. Just passing through. Thanks

Farmers

Ted (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2000 8:50PM GMT
Hi: I am of that same line. Did you know that Farmers were here 4years before the mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock. E-mail me if you will and let's swap info. I can only get back to 1550. Can you help?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions