Search for content in message boards

Samuel McKay

Samuel McKay

Posted: 30 Jan 2005 9:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKay/Hamilton/Dent/McCauley/Cobb/Davis/Kersh
Searching for other McKay family members who are from Samuel (born 1734 in Scotland) and Margaret Hamilton McKay. Their children were: Charles Rogers , Isaac, Robert, Thomas Ford, and Jesse McKay, all born before 1760.

Jesse McKay married Marilla Dent and their children were: Charles B., Elizabeth, Ezekiel, George B., Jessell, Mary E., and Samuel P. McKay (all born before 1785).

Samuel McKay married Martha McCauley and their children were: Jane, John, Joseph, Martha, Mary Elizabeth, Pamela, Samuel Jasper, Sarah E., and William Robert McKay.

William Robert McKay married Falbert Cobb and their children were: D.J., Martha, Mary, Henry Owen, Emily, Fabbie, William R., Jr., and Sarah. William and Falbert lived in Copiah County, Mississippi and are buried there.

Henry Owen McKay married Matilda Caroline Davis in Copiah County 06 Sept. 1877. Their children were: Henry Owen Jr., Sisley Falba, John Edwin, Mary Cornelia, Seth Shepherd, Beulah Georgia, Matilda Caroline, and James Buckalew McKay.

Sisley Falba McKay married Robert Lee Kersh in Nacogdoches, Texas, 23 Aug. 1899. Their children were: Viola Eloise, Minnie Lee, Irene Beatrice, Laura Bertie, Swanner Normal, Rayford Middleton, Benjamin Edward, Alma Louise, Wilson McAdoo, Alveda Shirley, and Royal Desmond.

Benjamin Edward Kersh married Mary Caroline Patterson 16 Dec. 1948 and I am their daughter, Kathryn Kersh Nicholson.

I understand that I may have McKay relatives living in East Texas, which is where I also live.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Samuel McKay

LaWanda McKay Richardson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2006 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: McKay
Kathyrn, I'm from Samuel's line also. I'm from Samuel Price, Samuel Jasper, Allen Cain, William Joseph, Edward Clark, & myself. I live in OR but I do have a lot of information on the Texas McKays. Will be glad to share.

LaWanda

Kathryn Kersh Nicholson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2006 12:26AM GMT
Thank you for your response. I would be very happy to learn more about my McKay relatives and I am interested in any information you would like to share.

You can contact me at kathryn450@hotmail.com.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Posted: 28 Jul 2010 11:32PM GMT
Do you have any info on the family of Samuel Jasper McKay.
My father was Alvie Edward and his father was Amburs Edward McKay. His father was Allen Cain McKay.

Thank you,
Kenneth Dale McKay

Posted: 26 Aug 2010 4:11PM GMT
My husband is the great-grandson on Allen Cain McKay.
We have info but would love more and a chance to know you. We are in Oklahoma.

Connie and Dale

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 6:37PM GMT
Kathryn, I am a descendent of Samuel McKay. My name is Amy McKay Short. My ancestry is as follows: Samuel McKay, Jesse McKay, Samuel P. McKay, Samuel Jasper McKay, Jonathon "Jonah" McKay, William Jasper McKay, Alva John McKay, Wallace Eugene McKay, Denny Lynn McKay and then myself. Would you happen to have any information regarding Samuel's father Elijah? Or would you happen to know Samuel's mother's name? I have found a "Father" McKay as being Elijah's father, but I'm at a dead end and would love any information you could share. I live just north of Ft. Worth, but I lived near St. Louis, MO for 32 years before moving here. Most of the McKays that are related to me are in northern AR, central and southern MO and western IL.

Posted: 30 Sep 2011 6:37PM GMT
HI My and I live in Red River County East Texas. My husband is the great grandson of Allen Cain McKay. I have just recently started researching all the family history on the McKay's. We knew some but have started putting all the pieces together. Would love to know more and would love to see any pictures that anyone might have. Please contact us with any info.
Thank you,
Kevin & Angela McKay

Posted: 30 Sep 2011 6:40PM GMT
HI Connie & Dale- just read your post on Dale being the great grandson of Allen Cain McKay. My husband Kevin Michael McKay is also the great grandson of Allen Cain McKay. We live in Red River County in East Texas. Would love to hear from you.

Kevin & Angela McKay
Posted: 4 Oct 2011 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: Hamilton/Davis/McKay/Kersh&Smith/Milsaps/Bayliss/Patterson
Hello - Samuel's mother's name was Marion Bond. I live in East Texas near Tyler. My branch is Elijah/Samuel/Jesse/Samuel P./William Robert/Henry Owen McKay/Sisley Falba McKay/Benjamin Kersh/Kathryn Kersh Nicholson (me).

Will check my notes to see what other info I have.

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 1:40PM GMT
Hi, have we met? I'm Inez McKay Jones' grandson, David. Anyway, I could use some help with researching the McKay family. Starting with Samuel McKay-Jesse-Samuel P-Samuel J-Allen C-William J-Inez. I'm having problems with 2 members: 1) Samuel J's wife, Rebecca Cain's mother Nancy. Do you know if her last name was Day or Dees? 2) Samuel b. 1734 wife Margaret Hamilton. Some family trees are listing George Hamilton and wife Elizabeth as her parents but they were both dead by the time she was born. Can you clear this up? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank You, David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions