Search for content in message boards

Info To Share on Halifax Co, Va Pettys

Info To Share on Halifax Co, Va Pettys

Beth Laleman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2003 1:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have alot of info on the Halifax or Pittsylvania Co, Va Pettys down the line of Francis Moore Petty, his son Joseph and his son Joel. Joel did not die in Tn as thought and I have proof. I am intersested in finding more info on the children of Joel Petty. You can also go to my family tree at Ancestry.com and put in Joel D. Petty and it will take you there. Hope to hear from you soon. Happy hunting!!!

Re: Info To Share on Halifax Co, Va Pettys

Posted: 30 May 2003 1:15AM GMT
I think your James M. Petty son of Andrew is my great grandfather. I have been searching for Jim Petty who moved to TX around 1840 from TN where he married Mary Starr for many years. I have info on all of his decendants, but cannot provide any information on the Pettys before him.

Posted: 30 May 2003 10:40AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2013 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Petty
Are you related to the Michigan Petty. My Auntie was Nora Dean Petty from Rock Ferry UK she came to America to marry a man with the Petty surname. She was 16-17yrs old and I am looking for relatives. around 1917 at the end of the first worl war probably. I am he sister Elizabeth daughter. If this is not your line have you seen anything which might help me
Thanks Pam Hewer nee Cook nee Dean
email nhewer@optusnet.com.au

Posted: 16 Dec 2005 8:14PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2013 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Beck, Hines, Petty
I am connected to a line of Petty's that lived in the Pittsylvania County Virginia area, and would like to share info. My gg-grandmother was Mary Anthony Hines, who married Noton D. Beck. Mary's mother was Nancy Petty who married Thomas Hines. Some say Nancy Petty's father was a Davis Petty, 1758-1819 who was born in Henry County Va., and died in Pittsylvania County Va.

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 2:54AM GMT
Hello my name is Richard Petty and I'm trying to get a lengthy family tree together on ancestry.com. Please contact me I wish I would of found your post years earlier!! My email is pettyrichard4@gmail.com

Big rich

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 3:46AM GMT
Sorry Richard but I don't use facebook for mail. The Petty's are one great big family in this country. Could you narrow it down to which family line you want. My grand father was Michael Petty and his father was James K. Petty. Gr.F. Mike was born in Ark. and settled in Kansas. I like to think you are the race driver Richard. I've always thought we were related somewhere,but could not ever find where.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions