Search for content in message boards

Knott family

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 3:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Apr 2003 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: Knott, Miller, Patrick
Hi, is anyone else here familiar with the Knott family? My gg-grandpa was Henry A. Knott, buried at Big Mound cemetery. Most of my Knotts settled in Davis Jct./Holcomb area. I know some information I can share. Thanks for any help in advance! - Shannon

Re: Knott family

Melanie (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2002 6:42PM GMT
Surnames: Knott
I'm a Knott from the Davis Junction area. My grandfather is August William Knott, and great-grandfather is Ralph Knott. My father knows that we are related to Casper Knott, but he's not sure how. Do you know? I can give you more recent information, but I'm not sure about the older information. Anything you can give me would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Posted: 27 Feb 2003 9:36PM GMT
Surnames: Knott/ Oaks/ Beverly/ Dickerson
Hi, Saw your posting and am interested in the Knott fmily. My father was Casper Knott born 12 Oct 1920 winnebago county, Il.
His father was Thruman Knott and he married Helen Dickerson, and they lived in Holcomb, Il., and then moved to Loves Park, Il. I had an aunt Nettie who marriied Calvin Oaks.
She lived in the Holcomb area all her life.

I belive we have the same family connection and I would like you to contact me. Please contact me direct at my email address mke7391@aol.com
Please do not go through Ancestry.

Posted: 11 Feb 2004 1:02AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2006 11:13AM GMT
Saw your posting. I work with a young lady who recently married into the Knott family. Matter of fact they got married at the Holcomb Church like her husband's ancestor's did. She was interested in learning more about the Knott family as well. Any help would be appreciated.

joan carman (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2004 5:29AM GMT
Surnames: Knott, Oakes, Doebler, Carman
I have no direct family connection to Nettie Oakes. However my great uncle, Harry Doebler married Frances Knott, 11 April 1900. Frances was Nettie's sister. I have fond memories of going to Holcomb as a child to visit Uncle Harry and Aunt Frances, then crossing the street to see "Aunt" Nettie.

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2004 3:24PM GMT
I posted the query on Knott for my cousin. Her Father was Casper Knott. She also had an aunt Nettie. You can contact her at judi2392003@yahoo.com

You can contact me at my email mke7391@aol.com
Please do not post a reply. Contact me first before replyinmg to Judy. I need to explain her medical condition.

Sharon

Posted: 17 Feb 2005 12:51AM GMT
Many of my relatives on my mother's side are Knotts and are buried in Big Mound Cemetary. Let me know if I can be of help. ljlindquist@hotmail.com

Posted: 6 Feb 2010 9:29PM GMT
Surnames: Knott, Bain, Swartout, Reum, Zimmerman
I am looking for a Ernest Knott (b. 1857 Germany) m to Carrie Zimmerman (b 1860 Germany)having a son, Elmer and two daughters Lydia m. to a Swartout and Mae m. to a Reum. Anything you may have on this family would be greatly appreciated. The family was located in Holcomb, IL. Thank you so very much. Sharon Nordman Ogle

Posted: 6 Mar 2010 2:26PM GMT
Hi Shannon, We met at Zona's first Bday party a couple of years ago, up at Savon and Bob's. I took down your information and somehow lost it. Glad to find you on here though. How is the research going? I never did contact the lady down the list on here. She was the one that said she didn't want any postings on ancestory.com. It seems she might be related to you somehow. I have talked to a couple of local people that remember your Henry and his wife. One of our neighbors used to go visit them as a young child and had many fond memories. Hope you're having success finding out more information.

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 9:05PM GMT
Hi Cuz,

How are you doing? It's been along time since you changed the email stuff. I was looking about the infor about the Rockford College (History).

My cell ph. 1-815-990-3000 I really hope to hear from you. I live in NC. Love winter's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic