Search for content in message boards

CAMPBELL GEORGE H. SARAH MOORE

CAMPBELL GEORGE H. SARAH MOORE

Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:59PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 4:34PM GMT
George H. Campbell Sarah Ann Moore, dau of Presley Ann Hamilton Moore were married Jan. 1, 1846 in Bath Co. VA. They were in the 1850 Bath Co. Census and then in 1860 in the Ritchie Co. WV Census. They are not in any records thereafter. Where did they go? Their children were: George S., Charles D., John H., Rachel A., Frances J. jwmoore@ruralnet.org

Re: CAMPBELL GEORGE H. SARAH MOORE

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 1:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: campbell, Moore
What info, if any, do you have on Presley Moore and/or his wife, Mary "Polly" Wandless? I have that Alexander Campbell from Cecil Co, MD first married Margaret Brown of Augusta Co, VA and then #2 Mary "Polly" (Wandless) Moore, the widow of Presley Moore, probably in Highland Co, VA. They had three children who all died young. He married #3 Rachel Grimes. My interest is in Alexander Campbell's three wives.

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2002 6:53PM GMT
I don't think we are talking about the same people. My Presley Moore married Ann Hamilton dau of Osbourn & Mary Davis Hamilton. Presley died 1853 and Ann died 1858. I show no other marriage for her. Their dau Sarah Ann married George H. Campbell. thank you.

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2003 4:04AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Moore
Maybe I have put incorrect info in my database regard Mary "Polly" Wandless Moore then. I had that she was a widow of Presley Moore. Presley Moore is a pretty uncommon name I would think. Anyway, thanks!

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 3:52AM GMT
George H. and Sarah Ann Moore Campbell and their family can be found in the 1870 Ritchie Co., WV Census, 1880 Blair Co., PA Census and finally in the 1900-1930 Fayette Co., PA Census.

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 12:14PM GMT
thank you very much. I did not have them in the 1930's. Jean

Posted: 7 Nov 2009 4:39AM GMT
Jean: I'm curious whether you know who George H. Campbell's parents were?

Posted: 7 Nov 2009 1:06PM GMT
No, I do not know. Don't know who Sarah's parents were either. Just know they were married in Bath Co. Va, and came to WV. Sarah had a brother Osbourne who also came to Ritchie Co., WV.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
Just to continue this string from a couple of year's back, my great great grandfather was Osborn Hamilton Campbell who lived in Rockingham County, Virginia. I have George H. & Sarah Moore Campbell in the 1850 Rockingham County census before they moved to Ritchie County, WV. I'm trying to connect Osborn Hamilton Campbell (my gg grandfather) and George H. Campbell as step brothers. Their father being George W. Campbell who lived and died in Rockingham County.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic