Search for content in message boards

Tuberculosis Hospitals in Nashville

Tuberculosis Hospitals in Nashville

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 11:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Apr 2002 8:34AM GMT
Surnames: Hasty, Williams, Davis, Bonner, Boston, Hesson, Brewington
I am trying to find anyone or anyplace that I may find records for a hospital that my ggrandfather may have died in. If there is anyone who can help me I would be so happy to hear from you. I know he had TB and that he went to Nashville for this reason and never came back again. I really need to know what may have happened and if it happened in one of these places. Thanks in advance, Jackie

Re: Tuberculosis Hospitals in Nashville

Posted: 14 May 2002 6:36PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2002 5:33PM GMT
There was a TB hospital on Tucker Road in Nashville. Now the Metro Police Training Acad. is located there. I remember that my sister and I found old admitting books while playing in the building when we were children. Who you would contact, I do not have a clue. I assume it belongs to the metro goverment now. I do not know if the building is even standing or not.

Posted: 15 May 2002 8:08AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2002 8:33AM GMT
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for replying. If only you had known at the time you found the books what you were holding. Wish you had them now. Jackie

Posted: 17 May 2002 5:40PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2002 5:33PM GMT
Jackie,
Of course when your a child, you don't realize the value of some things. Sorry, let me know if I can help in any other way.
Sincerly,
Michelle

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 3:52PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2003 12:04AM GMT
I know of two TB hospitals in Nashville - one in Bordeaux and one on Ben Allen Road in East Nashville. You might contact the Davidson County Health Department and ask if they have an archive for patients at these facilities. They are responsible for birth records for so long and then they go to the State Archives so keeping this kind of information wouldn't be new to them. I don't know the link off hand but go to the TnGen.org page and link to the Tennessee State Archives section and try some of the phone numbers. It is a stab in the dark but then you never know when you'll open a door just by keep asking questions.

patsy clymer (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 6:19AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2009 4:41PM GMT
THAT HOSPITAL WAS LOCATED ON BEN ALLEN ROAD. IT IS NOW A HOSPITAL FOR MENTALLY HANDICAPPED PEOPLE. THE BUILDING I AM TALKING ABOUT IS STILL STANDING. YOU CAN CHECK THE HOSPITAL RECORDS AT THE TN. STATE LIBRARY & ARCHIVES.
REFERENCE DEPT:
615-253-6485
403 7TH AVE NORTH
NASHVILLE, TN. 37243-0312
E-MAIL : REFERENCE@STATE.TN.US
per page

Find a board about a specific topic