Search for content in message boards

Rev. Andrew Yeargan

Rev. Andrew Yeargan

Denise Kaster (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: EURGAN, EURGAIN, YERGAN, YEARGAIN
Looking for decendents and information of Rev. Andrew Yeargain who came to the USA from Wales about 1735.

Re: Rev. Andrew Yeargan

Mike DeYoung (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 10:00PM GMT
I am a decendant of Andrew Yeargan/Yeargin. My Greatgrandmother was Della Yeargin. I dont know much more than that other than Andrew was from Wales and was a Methodist Circuit Rider.

patty szalay (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2001 11:11AM GMT
Surnames: street, creel, Fielder, Cupp
I am trying to locate a Lillian Yeargan that posted on another board at one time that is related to my Creel family . The email address she left on that board is no longer a good email address. With this being not a common name , I was hoping you would know who she is.
Or how to contact her.
patty
kalman@myweb.net

Posted: 2 Nov 2001 3:59PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2004 11:45PM GMT
I know that name whom is Della's Parents?
Was she from William Yeargin?
Please email me. Tonyawgosnell@aol.com
I would love to share information.
Tonya

Scott J Yeargain (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2005 1:36PM GMT
I am a descendant Rev Andrew. More specifically Rev Andrew -> Jarratt Fletcher -> Devereaux Jarratt -> John Wesley -> John Patterson -> Robert Devereaux -> John Robert -> Scott Jarratt (Me). I have two sons Andrew and Samuel. Other than that I don't know much of anything about Rev Andrew but I would love to. I saw a posting claiming that before Brecon, Wales they allegedly came from Silesia which at the time would have been part of the Kingdom of Prussia (I think). But I could find absolutely nothing to back this up.

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: Yeargin
Greetings Scott,
I just got a book "Early Virginia Settlers with Middle Tennessee Connections" by Thomas Webb that speaks to a common misconception; Mainly that Andrew was the father of William(s) Yeargin. Apparently the mistake stems from a small book printed in 1891 by a couple of great-grand daughters of Andrew. The book states it relied on recollections, testimny of people then living, and letters from other Yeargin descendants.
The book I have has backing documents that pretty well prove William was not one of Andrew's sons but was instead the son of Thomas, probably Andrew's brother. As Mr Webb points out, the early Dinwiddie County records were destroyed during the Civil War and can't be consulted.
But what he says about Andrew:
While being a Methodist preacher he was also a slave owner. To quote the book "There was some controversy among the Methodists about whether a Methodist, and especially a Methodist preacher, could be a slave owner. It eventually led to the North and South division of the Methodist Church in 1845". The book doesn't talk much further about Andrew as its main purpose was to disprove the accepted link to William....who leads to Mr Webb the author of the book...as well as to me.

Posted: 12 May 2012 12:38AM GMT
Wondering if the book you are referring to is the "Genealogy of The Yeargan Family 1730-1890", I have this book... Found it in a antique book store in Michigan last year... Since i'm from the Yeargan decent I purchased it...The book was complied by Leonidas Hilary Yeargan and Hilary H. L. Yeargan, M.D.... both of whom are males not females... The book starts with "By the personal efforts of Leonidas Hilary Yeargan and Hilary H. L. Yeargan, two second cousins, who are the great grandsons of the original Rev. Andrew Yeargan, these memoirs have been obtained." it goes on to state that all family bibles where collected to put this book together and then returned to the family... It also states that Hilary H. L. Yeargan was a Professor at the University of NC at the time and he was also one of the first graduates of University of NC... This book is very intense and has some sketches of family members in it... I guess the question is now, which book is not correct or are they both not correct?

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 5:59PM GMT
I was looking at my family tree outline that my Uncle Ed put togther. I guess the Rev. Andrew Yeargin would be my Great Great Grandfather. There maybe another great in there...trying to figure this out. My Grandfather was John Thomas Yeargin and his father was Thomas Hardin Yeargin. Not sure who Thomas' father is by the family tree I have.

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 1:16AM GMT
I have been searching high and low for this book.... Would you be able to contact me and share some of the info unit?

Posted: 11 May 2014 10:53PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2014 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: Yeargan
Hi Denise,

I've traced my lineage back to Andrew as well!

- Erik Yeargan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions