Search for content in message boards

Thomas Lancaster

Thomas Lancaster

Posted: 9 Mar 2006 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Apr 2012 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Lancaster
I found a posting of a newspaper article from Edmonson County, it was about the lynching of Thomas Lancaster - does anyone know any details about Thomas Lancaster?

Re: Thomas Lancaster

Posted: 10 Mar 2006 12:43AM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2006 9:59AM GMT
Let me clarify - I have seen the Edmonson news article I am looking for who he was - i don't see him on the census or can find anything about who was He?

Re: Thomas Lancaster

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 1:55PM GMT
Hello. My great grandmother was Ruby Mae Lancaster. She married Carlos Johnson. I, too, found an article about the Lynching, and I asked her about it. she became quite embarrassed and would not say anything about it. Later, a man named Phillip Beckner told me that Thomas Lancaster was his Great grandfather. I have since found multiple newspaper reports about the incident. In brief, Thomas was a hired hand for a doctor who practiced in Rocky Hill, KY. He lived 2 miles north of Rocky Hill on present day 31 W. Based upon the records, he would have lived near where Donnie and Doris Vance currently live. Supposedly, an argument occurred between the doctor and Thomas about wages. Afterwhich, the doctor and a companion departed his house in a horse drawn wagon on the road (present day hwy 259)headed for Rocky Hill. Thomas mounted a horse and took a direct route through fields to Rocky Hill. When the doctor arrived, he entered into a general store in Rocky Hill where Thomas greeted him with two shotgun blasts killing the doctor. Thomas was arrested and taken to the jail in Brownsville, KY. Sometime after that, a Lynch mob from Rocky Hill abducted Thomas from the jail and hanged him from a tree located near where present day hwy 259 and hwy 70 intersect. He is supposedly buried in the Brownsville cementary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions