Search for content in message boards

Texas Dyes

Texas Dyes

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 9:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
1850 Cass county, TX, listed Benjamin Blanton Dye and his family. B. B. Dye was the son of Catherine Mayfield and Martin Dye II (b. circa 1737 Richmond co., VA, d. 1807 Franklin co., GA) and married 1st Elizabeth Dodson (d. circa 1843) and 2nd Nancy Lane (m. circa 1843).

B. B. Dye, 50, schoolteacher, GA
N. L. Dye, 42, GA
B. F. Dye, 21, farmer, SC (Benjamin F. Dye?)
B. A. Dye, 18, laborer, NC (Benton A. Dye?)
J. or T. Dye, 13, male, NC
Charles, 10, TN
James or Janus, 7, male, TN
Thomas, 6, TN
E., 9 months, TX (listed as Erathus in 1770, Erytus in 1880)

Does anyone know what happened to the sons of B. B. Dye?
Posted: 4 Jun 2004 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Dye, Evans
I think that B.A. Dye (1870 <D.A.Die> & 1880 <Benson Dye)Census, Bell Co, TX, sharing household with David Evans) married Mary E. Williams, NEE Evans. Mary is listed in both censuses, but it is only speculation that she is an Evans, mainly as the census in 1880 has david and Mary Evans both as In-Laws.
Please, contact me at loneoak12@aol.com if you have, or need, any further information.

Rod

Re: Texas Dyes

Posted: 12 Jul 2004 4:30AM GMT
Hello! I too am looking for Dyes in Tex. Specifically I need to learn the parents of C. W. Dye, b. 27 May 1863; d. 12 Oct 1908 and is buried in McBee Cemetery near Ovalo and Lawn, TX (Taylor Co. He married Sarah Willsey/Willsie ?? and they had Vista Estella Dye, 17 Mar 1889 in Hill Co, TX. If you run into him or something that could help, please advise. Meanwhile, as I search, I will keep my eyes open for the sons of your B. B. Dye.

Melinda Moore

Susan Kitts (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2005 11:06PM GMT
Charles W. Dye is the son of John and Margaret (Clayton) Dye. Charles was born in Kentucky (Larue Co.) and is listed in the 1870, Missouri, Audrain Co., Prairie twp. census in the household of John and Margaret Dye. Charles had 10 siblings but as of 1900 only 5 of them were living. They were John, Mary, Benjamin, Alfred, & Estella. Estella is my line.I have more information if your interested.

Melinda (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2005 12:20AM GMT
Hi, Susan! How fantastic to get your message! I would love more information on CW Dye and his lineage. Would you like what I have on his descendents? I am planning to email you also, in case you don't check the message board.

Thanks so much for the response! What a great New Year's gift! MM

Melinda (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2005 12:59AM GMT
Susan, I have tried several times to email you at ranier.com, but my message bounces back as undeliverable every time. Please email me when you can....thanks..MM

Susan Kitts (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2005 2:01AM GMT
This is my lucky week! After not being able to get anywhere with this line after searching about eight years, in one week I have not only found a lot of Dye information but now have emailed with 2 people from the Charles W. Dye line. What a coincidence! I look forward to your email.
-Susan

LaRue Co., KY Dye's

Posted: 10 Jan 2005 10:21PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2005 1:58AM GMT
If this looks familar to you and you think I can be of help please contact me.

I have 2 Alfred Dye's one Alfred b 8-11-1903 was the son of John Wesley Dye b August 12, 1875 md first Laura Tharp with one child he divorced her and moved away with his sister-in-law Mary Frances Constant

The other is Alfred D. Dye in the Buffalo District of LaRue Co b abt 1860 md Fannie Alice Smith in LaRue Co. Oct 15, 1873....this Alfred was the son of Joseph Martin Dye 1824 md Margaret Jane Timberlake b 2,14,1824 the same family as the first Alfred Dye

The only Clayton I have married to Dye's was a male Joseph H. Clayton md Ellen D. Dye they married in LaRue Co. Mar 12, 1857 Marriage bond says, "Gent. of age; Mother of Ellen gave cert. proven by Alonzo Ray. Married at Mary Dye's in presenceof Andrew. J. Whitley and Jame Dye by J.P. Bryant.
also the same family.

I grew up in LaRue Co., KY and my maternal grandmother was Maude Ann Dye b 04/28/1889 d 1963...She was the daughter of second cousins Louisa Jane Dye and John Taylor Dye both born 1848 in LaRue Co.,

Again if this looks familar to you and you think I can be of help to you please contact me at MarshaHamilton@alltel.net

I have a Charles W. Dye at a son of Roy A. Dye, Jr. b 1914 md Louise Mabon Cummins md 1944 who goes back to Charles Hayes Dye son of Wm R. Dye and Julianna R. Hayes
in LaRue Co., KY

If he was a Charles W Dye in LaRue Co., I feel there is a connection

Re: LaRue Co., KY Dye's

Susan Kitts (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2005 8:21AM GMT
Thank you so much for responding. I recognize most of the names you have mentioned from census records, county web pages and message boards. Unfortunately, they are not in my direct line that I know of. I am really only connecting my line through census records and am waiting for reply’s from genealogical societies and libraries as I write this message to get the proof needed.
From starting in 1900 and from information from my mother I know my great, great, grandparents were Katharine Margaret (maiden name unknown) and John Dye. My great grandmother, Estella, was born in Missouri and from the 1900 census records I know Margaret and John Dye were both born in Kentucky. Through a lot of searching I made my way back to Martin K. Dye and Mary Timberlake who had a son, John “D”., listed in the 1850 Kentucky, LaRue County, Hamilton township census that matched the age of the John Dye I was searching for. Then through message boards, I came across a notice about a Dye/Timberlake book being updated by Mary Bailey and Eric A. Johnson in which the son of Martin and Mary (Timberlake) Dye had a son named John “W”, who had married a Margaret Clayton. The ages match and in the 1860, Kentucky, LaRue Co., census I found a John and Margaret Dye (who ages sort of match) living right next door to Mary Dye, whose age and children’s names and ages match the children of Martin and Mary (Timberlake) Dye. So I am convinced that this John and Margaret are the same ones mentioned in the Dye/Timberlake inquiry (but still want additional proof).
In the 1870 census, John and Margaret are found in Missouri, Audrain Co., Prairie Township. I knew to look there because my mother had information of Estella (my great grandmother) being born there. They are listed with the following children; John, age 17, Mary, age 15, Benjamin, age 11, Charles, age 7, Alford, age 3, Celistta (this is supposed to be Estella), age 4/12, and another Charles Dye, age 23, that was listed as a laborer (age wise this could be John’s brother, Charles, that is listed in the 1850 & 1860 census’).
In the 1880 census, I could not find a John and Margaret Dye in Missouri. The Dye/Timberlake message stated that John Dye, husband of Margaret, had died May 18, 1880 but didn’t say where. So with that in mind, I did a general search and found a Margaret K. Dye living back in LaRue County in 1880. She is listed as head of household with her son Ben, son William (Charles William), Dug (Alford D.), and Isabella (I don’t think anyone knew how to spell Estella back then). There is also a family by the name of J. H. & Maria Clayton living two places away from Margaret so I have been trying to make a connection to them but so far have not been able to. From J. H.’s age he could be a brother to Margaret. I checked for Clayton’s in Green County & LaRue County where, either the Dye/Timberlake message said John and Margaret were married at on July 26, 1852 or the Family Search /LDS records did, but have found nothing.
In the 1900 census Margaret is living in Texas, Taylor Co., Justice Precinct #6, with Estella and her husband, Chalmus Robinson. I have been able to track down Margaret’s sons, Benjamin, Alford/Alfred D., & of course Charles W., as living in Texas. I have not been able to find John or a Mary (Mary Elizabeth?) yet but am still searching. There is a John J. Dye (wife Nancy M.) who is listed in the 1880 Larue County, Otter Creek census that could be John the son of Margaret and John Dye, but I’m not sure yet.
The 1900 census information says Margaret had 10 children with 5 of them still living in 1900. I haven’t found any cemetery information form LaRue County Kentucky, Audrain County Missouri, or Taylor County Texas that lists any of them including Margaret’s husband, John or herself as being buried in.
I sure didn’t mean for this to turn into a book but thought if you, or anyone else, had any ideas or input I would sure love to hear them. I have been searching for this line for a long time and am just now piecing the puzzle together.
Thanks again for contacting me and making such a generous offer. That was very kind.

Re: LaRue Co., KY Dye's

Posted: 13 Jan 2005 2:21AM GMT
Martin K. Dye b Apr 6, 1801 d April 12, 1855 md Mary Timberlake b 1801 d Oct 20, 1870 in LaRue Co., KY...She was the daughter of Joseph Timberlake, Sr b 1752 and Anne Douglass b Feb 10, 1750 in VA.

Martin Kelly Dye was the son of Martin Hopkins Dye b Dec 2, 1765 in Va moved to Mercer Co., KY was married to Haney Henson.

I was born and reared in LaRue Co., KY and if your Dye's were there then I am certain they are the same family. There was to my knowledge only one family of Dye's in LaRue. My mother was Maude Ann Dye b 1889 and her parents were (I may have told you before) second cousin. John Taylor Dye was the son of James W. Dye b 1824 and Mary Jane Allen b 1825...

John Taylor Dye's wife Louisa Jane Dye was the daughter of Milton Samuel Dye b Dec 6, 1823 and Mary Polly Timberlake b Sept 12, 1824 daughter of Joseph Timberlake, Jr and Hannah Dye.

All these Timberlake's and Dye's were cousins who married Cousins and I am a double Dye.
Marsha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions