Search for content in message boards

Elisha Dennis Amherst Virginia Elizabeth Hudson

Elisha Dennis Amherst Virginia Elizabeth Hudson

Dennis L. Ryan (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2004 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dennis Bowlin Ryan Spalding Camden O'Daniel Alvey Moore Hudson
Hello I am seeking information on Elisha Dennis B. Abt. 1760 D. 1823 Garrard County Kentucky. The earliest recorded data I have on Elisha is when He married Elizabeth Hudson B Abt. 1760, Daughter of Joshua Hudson and Mary Terrell. Marriage date is Dec. 1780 in Amherst County Virginia. I have Elisha on a surety for Ann Dennis marriage to Martin King in Bedford Co.1784 .He is a witness on a will for Augustine Steele dated Feb. 8 1790 in Amherst as well as a 1787 tax list and deed info were he owned property there His children's names are Abigail, Elisha Hudson, and Beverly. I don’t know if the Beverly name is a clue to a link to the Dennis family and the Beverly Plantation in Maryland or not. Elisha and family moved to Garrard County KY in the late 1790's. Also I would like to see if there was any interaction between the Dennis Family and the Camden Family of Amherst in this time frame.

Re: Elisha Dennis Amherst Virginia Elizabeth Hudson

Marian Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2006 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: hudson, dennis, reynolds
Just found your message. I am a descendent of Elisha and Elizabeth Hudson Dennis, by Elisha Hudson and Millie Rice Dennis, James and Roxena Reynolds, Jacob and Amanda Henderson Dennis (he was a Civil War vet), his daughter, Louisa Florence Dennis was my grandmother.
Was pleased to find the parents of Elizabeth were Joshua and Mary Terrel Hudson. Didn't know that or that Elisha and Elizabeth were from Amherst Co., Va. Do you know the name of Elisha's father, could it have been Samuel?
Thank you for any more info.
Patbo

Marian Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2006 7:39PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2006 1:09PM GMT
Surnames: Dennis, steele
Dennis, in checking my Dennis information I found a will from Garrard Co., Ky. you may be interested in. As follows:

Garrard Co., Ky. Wills
Will Book B, pg. 32 written 1805 date of recording not given
Catharine Steele (I suppose it is her will)
dated 14 Feb. 1806 (relation not given)
Elisha Dennis
Sally CAMDEN
Sally Graham
Martin D. Salyers
John Salyers
Exec-Elisha Dennis
Wit - Eddy Barnett, Edward Barnett, John Dennis

The person who sent me this is now deceased. She said that Beverly was a son, and Shebahah CAMDEN was a daughter, children of Elisha.

Hope this helps.
Patbo

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 3:03PM GMT
I know this is a very old post, but I am very interested in any information you can give me regarding the statement:

"She said that Beverly was a son, and Shebahah CAMDEN was a daughter, children of Elisha."

Specifically any info at all on Beverly and/or Shebahah.

Thanks much!!
Mary

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 4:07PM GMT
So are you saying that Beverly and Shebahah were a brother/sister marriage? Was Shebahah Camden adopted?

Posted: 22 Oct 2013 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2013 7:34PM GMT
Surnames: Dennis, Camden
I'm also researching my family tree and this information my be useful.
Beverly (Bawley) Dennis married Libby Camden. They had a son, Pleasant Daniel Dennis. One his Pleasan't's son's was Zachariah Ray Dennis, One of of Zachariah's son was Alvin Clark Dennis. One of his sons was June Franklin Dennis who was my dad.
Beverly Dennis is my great-great-great grand father on my dad's side.
I would love hearing from any potential relatives.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions