Search for content in message boards

Atwood Bailey Davenport's father

Atwood Bailey Davenport's father

Cora Ritch (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2001 9:47PM GMT
From Washington/Tyrell Co, NC in the 1800's.
Would like to know the name of my grandfather's father. He was married to Susan Jacqueline Swain.

Davenport information

Mary Hudgins (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2001 4:20PM GMT
Well, I think we can call ourselves "distant cousins" :)

I've been researching my family history for over a year now, and I have documented that Atwood Baily Davenport (b. Aug. 25, 1884) was married to Cora Beatrice Chesson (b. March 6, 1886). I have that Atwood's parents were Wilson Haywood Davenport (b.1858, d. 1935 and that he was married to Jacqueline Swain.

Would LOVE to share family histories with you! I've taken the Davenport line back to the 1600's....

Davis Davenport

Posted: 1 Apr 2001 11:24AM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2004 4:49PM GMT
Hi Mary,
I saw your message on Davenports. Does your line run into Davis Davenport, son of Fauntleroy Davenport and father of Martin Davenport? Would really like to hear from you on this. I descend through Martin's daughter Mary.
Michael Shannon
pdd101940@aol.com
1507 Marshall
Houston,Tx.
77006-4119

Davenport line

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2001 7:50AM GMT
I haven't been able to prove that connection, YET - - have been trying and am pretty sure that with most of them coming from NC there HAS to be a connection there somewhere. I'll let you know if I ever hit it! Thanks for the add'l information!

Fauntleroy - Mary Davenport 3 generations

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:41PM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2004 4:49PM GMT
Mary,
Here is some other data on the Davenports; Davis was b. ca1660 in King William Co., Va.Hedied before 1735 in King William Co.,Va.He was buried before 1735 in King William Co. Davis was first found with his son Martin in King William Co., quit rent rolls of 1704, but a Davenport Plantation and Landing existed on the Mattaponi River in Pamunkey Neck in 1696. Davis was last found as a mention in Martin's will in 1735.
Davis' children; Martin,Thomas,Ann,John,Richard&Elias
Martin Davenport was b. ca 1682 in Pamunkey Neck(?) Va. He died in1735 in HanoverCo.,Va. Martin's will names only five sons, but circumstantial evidence indicates a possibility of eight sons and four daughters
Martin and Dorothy Glover(?)Davenport had the following children;
Mary,Davenport,Thomas,Richard,Dorothy,William,John,Glover,Martin,David,James, and Lucy.
Mary Davenport was my ancestress. She was b.ca1706 in King William Co.,Va. She m. 1728 in Hanover Co.,Va.,to Henry Gambill(son of Thomas and Ann Gambill. Henry was b.ca 1700 in Hanover Co.,Va. He died ca 1768 in S. Caro. They had Sarah Gambill who m. John White and had Sarah White who m. James Dunman and had Susannah who m,Reuben Barrow Jr and had Martha Barrow who was my Gr-Gr-Grandmother. Mike

Re: Fauntleroy - Mary Davenport 3 generations

Posted: 4 Apr 2006 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I too am a decendant of Henry Gambill and Mary Davenport through their son Martin.

Posted: 12 Jan 2012 7:16AM GMT
I am searching the Davenport line. I have Davis David Davenport born 1666- D-24 may 1732 in King William Va. I have his father as Faunt Leroy Davenport born 1630 and died 1650. I know it has been a few years that you sent in your message to ancestry about this line but by chance do you have any other names of children, birthdates,marriages or a list of their family group sheets. I would love to see if we are related to you. mary e-mail maryfromorem@yahoo.com. hope to hear from you soon.

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 3:27AM GMT
Mary - For more information on Davis Davenport, do a search on "Pamunkey Davenport". It is a very popular southern Davenport line and there has been much research on it. What are your sources that Fauntleroy was the father of Davis? I'm not sure there is any evidence that he was a real person. And it is unlikely Davis had a middle name in that era. Bill Davenport.

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 6:47AM GMT
Surnames: Davenport.kennedy,glover
Bill: I appreciate your getting back to me so quickly.I will check out Pamunkey Davenport and if I still have questions, I'll get right back to you. I got the fauntleroy Davemport from a thread but I haven't completely checked it out for auth. for my line. what line do you belong to. I have been searching for Stephen Davenport who was "reported" to have gone with the wagontrain that ended up as the Donner party that got caught in the high sierria pass. He was supposed to have been a driver for one of the wagons. He would have to have been born in the timeframe of 1800 t0 1926 to be old enough to do this. they were in the Salt Lake Valley 1846. A year before the mormons got there. We lost track of him abd are wondering if this could be our Stephen. mary lynn

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 5:39AM GMT
Surnames: davenport,glover,gambill,kenedy,canady
I got his birth and death dates on @@Pdd101940@AOL.com post,april 2001 I have birth in 1630 and death in 1650. no marriage or family. also on fontlerly-mary davenort post message. do you have anything on a stephen davenport born in georgia about ca 1800 to 1825? we are trying to figure out if he belongs to us. mary lynn Also look up Bob's Genealogy filing Cabinett II on ancestry. lots of info on Martin Davenport , B 1670 D_ 1735son of davis Davenport Martin had two wives, crotia 1st and dorothy glover(gover)) 2nd wife.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic