Search for content in message boards

Grisella White

Grisella White

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 6:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White, Jean
I am looking for any information on my 3rd great grandmother Grisella White b. 1804 Stokes County, North Carolina d. 5 Jan 1878 in Lincoln County, Tennessee. In 1818 in Stokes County, North Carolina she married David Elroy Jean b. 1794 Stokes County, NC d. 6 Jan 1878 in Lincoln, Tennessee. Their children included Joseph, Nancy, Mary, John, Wyatt, Sarah, David and William Jean. I am trying to find out who Grisella's parents were and whether she had any siblings.

Re: Grisella White

Posted: 30 Jun 2005 12:16PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2006 3:25AM GMT
Surnames: White
My grandfather was Joseph E. White, He was born Abt 1800. All I know is at some point in his life he was in TN. Can you give me more info? TERI

Posted: 30 Jun 2005 7:00PM GMT
According to the information I have Grisella White was born in Stokes County, North Carolina. She then married David Jean in Stokes County and she died in Lincoln, Tn. During the time frame I'm looking at (circa 1804) there were only 2 families with the surname of White in the proximity of the Jean family where David came from. These 2 heads were Jonathan White and William White. I suspect one of these may be Grisella's father but I can find any records to confirm this or disprove it.

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 4:51AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2005 4:51AM GMT
plz e-mail me at my address, sound like you may have info fo me. T_halfpint@verizon.net
Teri

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 7:25AM GMT
Surnames: White
I'll email you and see if we can exchange information but I wanted to add this to the message board in case it generates other hits that might be helpful. I went through the 1810 census for Stokes County, NC and discovered that there were only 3 White families in the county near the time that Grisella was born (1804). The heads of households were Burgess White (b. 1761), Jonathan White (b. 1759) and William White (1766). They are brothers and all of them were born in Granville, NC. I'm still looking into this angle but perhaps one of them is Grisella's father.

Re: Updated Information for Grisella White

Posted: 4 Jul 2005 3:45AM GMT
I am trying to identify the ancestors of my 3rd great grandmother Grisella White. She was born in 1804 in Stokes, NC; married David Jean in 1818 in Stokes, NC; and died January 1878 in Lincoln, TN. In the 1810 census for Stokes County, NC when Grisella would be about 6 years old there are only 3 White families residing there. I’m hoping one of them represents the parents of Grisella. There are 3 brothers recorded: Burgess White b. btwn 1761 and 1767 in Granville, NC; Jonathan White b. 1759 in Granville, NC; and William White b. 1766 in Granville, NC. Their parents are Jonathan White b. 1732 d. 1772 and Mary Bradford b. 1736 d. 1772. Other siblings not residing in Stokes at the time include Sarah White b. 1757 in Granville; and Philemon White b. 1763 d. 1803.

Additional information in the 1810 census indicates Burgess resides with 1 female aged 16-26, probably his wife and one female under 10, correct age group for Grisella; Jonathan resides with one female aged 16-26, probably his wife and 3 males under 10 and 1 female under 10, also correct age group for Grisella; and William resides with one female aged 26-45 probably the wife and 3 males under 10, 1 male btwen 26 and 45, 2 females under 10 (correct age group for Grisella), 2 females between 10-16, and 2 females between 16 and 26.

Hopefully, there is someone out there also researching this family that might have some information. I have all but exhausted what records I had access to up to this point. Thanks in advance.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions