Search for content in message boards

Snyder - VanOrsdale

Snyder - VanOrsdale

Posted: 16 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: SNYDER - VanORSDALE
Desire information on a man named Snyder who married Lizzie J. VanOrsdale born 1878 Hillsdale County, Michigan and original lived at Jefferson Twp. Hillsdale Co. Mi. and after they married, they moved to Stanley city, Custer Co. Idaho in about 1900 !! From her brothers obituary in 1917, it stated that they lived at Stanley, Idaho.

Eldon Hills @ Petersburg, Mi.
ehills@cass.net

Re: Snyder - VanOrsdale

Posted: 2 Jul 2002 6:10PM GMT
There was a George and Lizzie Snyder and dau. Mary who moved to Stanley from Salmon, Idaho in 1817. Mary m. Claude Gillespie. George and Lizzie sold out and moved back to Salmon abt 1922

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 4:24AM GMT
Surnames: VanOrsdale-Snyder-Bohney
Lizzie was my Gr Aunt; she was a twin to Eliza, who went by the name of Liza who later adopted the birth name of Lizzie, "Elizabeth." Confused? Aren't we all? Lizzie was named Elizabeth Jane VanOrsdale and she married George (middle initial W for Washington?) Snyder, who worked as a bartender.
3 Aug 1937 she appears in a foto taken by my gr father, her brother, as Lizzie Bohney and a man is in the picture identified as "Joe. Bohney." Can you help me sift through these sketchy
facts and reconstruct more of her story?
Thanks for any help!
Ray VanOrsdale

Posted: 13 Dec 2003 3:58PM GMT
Surnames: Snyder
There is one Synder grave at the Mount McCaleb Cemetery in Mackay, Idaho. Edward G. Snyder was born July 2, 1872. He died October 19, 1947 and is buried at Mount McCaleb Cemetery in Mackay, Idaho. This grave is available at http://www.findagrave.com
To use this site and locate the Mount McCaleb Cemetery search the Non-Famous side of the web site and be sure to spell out Mount as the site doesn not recognize "Mt."

Attachments:

Posted: 31 Mar 2009 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: bohney
Hi, Elizabeth Bohney was my great great grand mother she lived many years in Salmon I grew up knowing her. She was active in the Odd Fellow Lodge. She lived into her 90's and died in Salmon in 1973. She married Joe Bohney(09/29/1879- 09/10/1968) in Salmon at the Lemhi Hotel 01/05/1932, he was from a very large family, he was 10/17 and worked as a blacksmith his shop burned down in 1962. Alot of the family history is in the LDS library under the contributor Dorothy Hodges who was Elizabeth Bohney's Granddaughter.

Posted: 31 Mar 2009 4:14PM GMT
Hi Cousin, glad to be hearing from you !! What father did Dorothy belone to ? I have Lizzie VanOrsdale who had three husbands. I have MUCH information to share with you, on the VanOrsdale family in Hillsdale County. Michigan

ehills@cass.net
Eldon Hills

Posted: 14 May 2010 2:16AM GMT
Hi, Are you still interested in Lizzy Bohney? She was my Great Great grandmother I grew up in Salmon and knew her much of my life. She died when I was a Sr. in high school if you are still interested please contact me as my grandmother did much family history research and I might be able to fill in some pieces for you. Arvilene Lewis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic