Search for content in message boards

WEST

WEST

David E. Casto (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: West
I am researching the West family of Cherokee co. My ancestor was James West(1822-1880)
He was the son of William West. James & his extended family moved to Arkansas were he
died shortly after arriving. His wife was Martha, maiden name unknown. Any info.
concerning West family history & origins in America would be greatly appreciated.

James West

Chris Bryant (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WEST, SHEARER
I have a James West (b. 1822) son of William Preston West and Mary Polly Shearer. James was the oldest of their 10 children. If this looks like your James West, please e-mail me and I'll be happy to share information with you.

New e-mail address

Posted: 17 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
My new e-mail address is chris13@techie.com

thanks.

William West

Jo Stafford (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: west
I am searching for a forefather who was in Cherokee County before 1830 His name is William West with wife Mary?
they had a son Edward who married a Humphries or Humphrey. Does this tie in in any way with your William and Mary?

Thanks
Jo stafford

William West

Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: West
Cherokee County Wests.
I don't have an Edward listed, but that's not to say I have all of their sons either. The sons I do have are James, Alvin, John Wiley, Jesse S., William and Leander. Good luck on your search and if I run across an Edward, I'll certainly let you know.

James West

David E. Casto (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: West, Taylor
The children of James & Martha Taylor West were living in a household in Van Buren co. Ar. in 1880, near their aunts & uncles who also made the move. I'd always thought James & wife died on the way or shortly after their arrival because I never found his name on any of the VanBuren county tax records. Just recently I found James in the 1880 Cherokee co. Cencus listed as a widower, so his children (who ranged in age 30 to 8)obviously made the move without him. I have read in a family account were he joined his family in Arkansas at an old age & died their. I'm trying to figure out what years he lived in Ar. & not having much luck. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Mary Polly Shearer James West

Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2009 10:03AM GMT
Surnames: Shearer, Pack, West
Hi Chris,
I have James West & Mary Polly Shearer listed. I have their marriage date listed as 1846. No location. I only have ine child listed for them, (Elizabeth Betty West), although I am sure they had more. Eliz married William(Billy) H. Pack.

Chris, I am at a dead end on one part of my family you may be able to help with. Myn GGGrandmother was Nanch Lavada SHEARER. She married John Gregory PACK. Same family both sides. Can you fit Nancy in your Shearers? Thanks, Janet
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2009 10:04AM GMT
Thanks for doing the look up. Since our lines seem to run close if you have any lookups at any time I would be glad to check for you. Janet

Shearer/West/Pack families

Posted: 1 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shearer, West, Pack
I have two West and Pack marriages in Cherokee county, but I'm afraid the only Shearer's I have are Mary Polly, who was married to William Preston West and Everett, who was married to Arminda McNabb. Everett was born abt. 1865. Mary was born around 1800.
I may have a couple of your Pack family though, but I don't have too much detail. I have a Mary Pack (b. 22 Dec 1879 d. 26 Apr 1943) who married Issac Marshall West on 22 Dec 1895. They had 10 children. I also have a Melisha Anne Pack (b. 1855 d. 6 Dec 1901) who married John Wesley West.
I'll let you know if I run across any more Shearers.
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2009 10:04AM GMT
Hi
Sorry, I just looked them up. I have a small line of West's too. I have neither. We seem to almost connect in a lot of places. Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions