Search for content in message boards

william alexander died sauk co. late 1800's early 1900's.

william alexander died sauk co. late 1800's early 1900's.

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 2:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: alexander,radant
am searching for information on William Alexander immigrated from Germany 1855-6 and died sauk co, wi. Children include Ida Barbara ( married Tarnutzer), Richard, Bernhart, Rudolph, Otillie Amelia (married Hoppy), Theresa Eliza Emily ( married Herman Radant), Gustove, and Hanna.
Would like to find out who his three wives were if possible. Also need information on the Radant side of the family.

Re: william alexander died sauk co. late 1800's early 1900's.

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 9:19PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2001 9:24PM GMT
You may want to contact the Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society. They have a section in thier newsletter for genealogy. I would suggest contacting Lola Huber, S7829 Huber Rd., North Freedom, WI 53951 for the SPHS. Also email me at vmatz@tds.net. I may have a little information for you. I have the 12 Vol. of "Cemetery Inscriptions of Sauk County, Wisconsin". I couldn't locate William but maybe one of his wives.

wendy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 9:24PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I do not know any of the 3 wives names that William Alexander may have had. What I do know is that 2 of his sons are buried in Baraboo, WI? Bernhard (b 6/1/1847) and Richard (b. 3/20/1845). My mother had William Alexander as being buried in Sauk City, WI. Is there such a town>??

Thanks, Wendy

Virgil O. Matz (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 10:18PM GMT
There is a Sauk City. I couldn't locate William as being buried there. In the Salem Cemetery, Honey Creek Twp, listing there is listed for Alexander, Wilhelmina (Piper) 1821 - 1863, 42y 8d (?) (Wife of William). (4 unreadable stones) and Wilhelm, son of W. and.W. age 1 mo. Walnut Hill Cemetery lists Richard 1844 - 1930. In my civil war veteran grave registration, I have his death date as 01 Apr 1930 and as a veteran of Co. K, 45th WVI. I couldn't locate Bernard. If you email me your email address I'll scan an article from the "History of Salem Church of Honey Creek" with some information on Ida Barbara and also on her father, William.
Virgil

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 10:23PM GMT
my email address is wendykays@aol.com

My relationship with William Alexander has to do with his daughter Theresa Eliza Emily Alexander who married Herman Radant. I have death places for them as being in Ramsey Cty, St Paul, MN (Theresa was born 11/29/1856). Any help would be appreciated.

Wendy

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 10:27PM GMT
PS - also in regards to Ida Barbara -- I show her marrying a Rev. Andrew Tarnutzer (Taurnutzer ?) and she is buried in Portage, WI. Can you verify this?? I also have reason to believe that William ( the father) Ida Barbara, Richard, Bernhart, Otillie, and Rudolph (along with their mother) immigrated to the US in 1855-56 from Germany.

Wendy

Virgil O. Matz (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 10:36PM GMT
The article on Mrs. Andrew Tarnutzer (Ida Pauline) verifies that she is buried in Silver Lake Cemetery in Portage.

wendy (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 10:40PM GMT
Thank you for looking into all of this for me. Am looking forward to receiving via email copies of the articles you are referring to.

Wendy

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Alexander
I have subscribed to the census records with ancestry.com and have found an 1860 Fed census with a William Alexander mentioned. All I have been able to find so far is that it was in Sauk County, Troy Township, Pg 853 in the 1860 Federal Census. I cannot however seem to find it and actually view it. Can you help me out?? It should verify who the wife was at the time and if Theresa was his daughter as she would have been 4 at the time and her mother did not die til she was 7 or 8 years old. Also any other help on how to view these new records I have subscribed to??\

Thanks in advance. Wendy

Posted: 30 May 2012 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Perau, Alexander, Mayne, Meyn
This post was made a decade ago. I have discovered some information on William Alexander. My great great grandmother was his 3rd wife (Catherine Perau Meyn) and this shows up on the 1980 census with only one child living with them--Gustav. She was not married to William in 1970 as I find her in that census with 3 sons (including my great grandfather John Henry Meyn/Mayne) and no husband. Cannot find her date of death nor can I find William Alexander's date of death. William's daughters Theresa Radant and Minnie (Wilhelmina) Mrs. Ed Schlukebier, who lived and died in St Paul MN.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic