Search for content in message boards

Dillow family of Fayette Co Pa/Georges Twp.

Dillow family of Fayette Co Pa/Georges Twp.

Posted: 3 Nov 2006 4:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dillow, Dice, Lilley, Brownfield, Tate, Brady, Miller
Looking for any decendents from the above Dillow family.

Re: Dillow family of Fayette Co Pa/Georges Twp.

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 7:23PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of William E. Dillow, son of Charles W. Dillow and Elfreda Yanke. Charles was the son of George W. Dillow and Eliza Ann Hall. George's father was John Dillow and he is responsible for this line being in Fayette Co., PA. Any connection? I have info on several siblings of the names above.

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 8:16PM GMT
Thank you for the reply. Does the names Goldie Tate and or Nettie Bell Tate ring a bell? Goldie Tate was Nettie Bell's daughter and she married a Dillow, don't know first name though.

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 8:23PM GMT
I have seen her name many times during my searches, but know of no connection yet. what are her dates? my grandmother may know of her...

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 8:26PM GMT
I do know of a Bradee though md to a Mary Dillow? sound familiar?

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 8:31PM GMT
I don't know Goldie's dates but Nettie Bell was born abt 1897. She married Isley Tate first and John Brownfield second. It was during her marriage to Isley Tate that their son's ambushed him and murdered him.

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 8:32PM GMT
I think I have that somewhere in my info too. My grandmother Phoebe was a Brady (Braddee). How old is your grandmother?

Posted: 7 Apr 2008 8:39PM GMT
she is 78. she was in touch with my grandpa dillow's sisters as of the late 1990's in PA. i have a john p. bradee md. to mary dillow (b:1851). children are brown, james, william, and an unknown daughter. mary's father was john dillow b:1821ish.

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 12:25PM GMT
Do you know the Dillow family who lives in Brownfield Hollow? I think the road is Glendale-Church Rd in Haydentown, PA.
I looked up some info on John P. Brady last night. I don't have much but he was the son of Hannah Collins Braddee wife of the infamous Dr. John F. Braddee. Another son, Joseph Collins Brady is my direct ancestor.
If you want to contact me directly, my email is PC_Witt@LGCA.ORG

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 9:13PM GMT
I personally have no contact with our Dillow side in PA. I think the last time (only time) I met any of my grandfather's sisters was at his funeral in the early '90s. My grandmother has not had contact for several years, so unfortunately, I couldn't tell you if the family there is related. I do know that my grandfather's family was in that area for sometime. I believe most, if not all, of grandpa's siblings are deceased. Beryl and one other sister may still be living in the area. I am almost postive that his brothers are gone....Mary Dillow Bradee would have been grandpa's great aunt. Why was Dr. Bradee infamous? (if you don't mind my asking) You can find our line at ancestry under the title Schmus Family Tree. I think there were several other Dillows already in that area before John and his family from Monongalia, W VA. And as almost all of our Dillows had many children, chances are we are related to most of the Dillows in that area somehow. Are you related to the Dillows directly? By the way, I tried the email address you gave and it told me it did not recognize it...try to email me at jschmuser6@gmail.com if you would like.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic