Search for content in message boards

Jacobus Book

Jacobus Book

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 6:08PM GMT
I believe that I have found the book that was mentioned earlier on down the message board. The tittle : The early migration of the Jacobus family:from New Jersey to central New York and pioneer farmers pushing west. by L. Maxine Harris. I found it on the web but have yet been able to locate a copy to read since I only have the tittle info etc. If anybody can locate it, please let me know
Thanks

Jacobus book

Posted: 6 Feb 2001 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:48AM GMT
The DAR Library in DC has the publication. I haven't seen it, but it is listed in their indexes of publications they hold.

Jacobus Book

Jim Tranquada (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 5:45PM GMT
I have a copy of Maxine Harris' Jacobus Book. How can I be of help?

Jacobus Book

Carolyn Jacobus (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 6:55PM GMT
I would like to get a copy of that book but have not been able to find it. Where can I get it. I am interested in the Jacobus section but do not know how many pages it is, so I dont know if I can ask you to copy those pages for me. Please let me know how many pages that would be or where I can get another copy. Thank you for responding. My email is colasue@hotmail.com, please feel free to email me

jacobus book

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 5:55PM GMT
Hi Jim, I'm interested in that book if it New Jersey Jacobus' liste in it. Tell me more about it. can you scan a few pages and let me see what it loke like? My email is windsong@ourapi.com

Jacobus book

Jim Tranquada (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 9:22AM GMT
Barbara:

It has some New Jersey data in it, but most of the book traces Maxine's branch of the family through upstate New York, Indiana and Illinois. I have done a fair amount of research on the New Jersey branches through about 1850: who are you looking for?

jacobus

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 8:34PM GMT
Well, I'm looking specifically for Mary Margaret Jacobus md to Lewis Van Duyne in Boonton . She is buried in Greenwood Cemetery........ and there are many others md to Van Duynes, Goulds, Kipp, Van Ness, Mandeville. If you have it, I need it,ok? My mother is a Van Duyne/Gould. Send whatever. Thanks, Barbara

Re: Jacobus Book

Posted: 5 Jul 2001 1:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Could you look up Angell Jacobus in VA in late 1600's. daughter Susannah m Davis had daughter Jane who married Thomas Randle.

Thank you very much.

Re: Jacobus book

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
I am just trying to find out if the Jim Tranquada that replied to this posting is one with a family history that came from Madeira with the name Diaz and settled in Hawaii in the 1890's. If you are, I believe my mother and grandmother have copies of the genealogical work you have done, but I have never met you and you probably don't know me either. I am Marge Davis's granddaughter and am very interested in talking to you about what you have done and if I can help in any way. Please respond to this post if you are the Jim Tranquada I am looking for. Thank you!

Re: Jacobus Book

Posted: 7 May 2002 7:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Didn't know there was a Jacobus Book. My greatgrandmother was Isabella Jacobus. She married John Provost. I believe they lived in the Montville, NJ area. They had several children, one of them being my grandfather, Jesse. Unfortunately, I don't know who her parents were. However in the 1860 census there was an Isabella living with her parents David J. and Elizabeth in Boonton. I'm trying to find out if this is my Isabella. Can you help? Any info would be greatly appreciate.
Paula
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions