Search for content in message boards

Children of George Manly in Hummelstown, Pa

Children of George Manly in Hummelstown, Pa

Posted: 7 Oct 2005 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Again, i have the records from Pa of when these children were born. I mostly am looking for more information on the lines. I would like to learn more about George's other children.

here's a list of his 8 chilren. We are related through Sara Jane.
Descendants of George Manly

1 George Manly 1804 - Unknown
.. +Maria Lutz or Lentz Unknown - 1851
........ 2 Sarah Jane Manly 1839 - 1923
............ +Israel Kintzle 1833 - 1923
........ 2 Samuel Manly 1835 - Unknown
........ 2 Catharina Anna Manly 1837 - Unknown
........ 2 William Manly 1841 - Unknown
........ 2 George Manly, Jr. 1843 - Unknown
........ 2 Levi Manly 1845 - Unknown
........ 2 Maria Manly 1847 - Unknown
........ 2 David Manly 1849 - Unknown

Re: Children of George Manly in Hummelstown, Pa

Posted: 31 May 2006 4:55PM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2006 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: Manly
We have a George whom we can't find parents for. He was in Choctaw Co. Ala. in 1860. Is there a possiblity that he might be one of those children. He was born between 1834 and 1843.
Thanks Diane

Jesy (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 9:23PM GMT
There is always a possibility that it could be the same George. Unfortunately, i have had no luck finding where any of the rest of the family went. I never found how the one child made her way from Pennsylvania to Iowa. Which is where her line ended up at. Where her siblings went is a big unknown.
It is through Hummelstown, Penn that her siblings were found as well as her parents.
In the 1860 Census you talk of, does he claim to be born in Penn? My George was born in Hummelstown, Pennsylvania in 1843. His father was also born in Penn, not sure where his mother was born at.
Would be interesting if our George's were one and the same.. but not sure how we'll find out.
Jesy

jesy (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 9:54PM GMT
I did a search in the 1850's census in Penn for this family and found them. George, who would have been aged 7, was not there. The age i have for our George was from a birth record in Hummelstown as well as his baptism record.
That he isn't in the census record in 1850 makes me wonder if he died in childhood. Unfortunately i know his mother died between 1850 and 1851, so no way of finding out how many of her children lived or died. She was born in Penn as well.
I can find the the siblings and rest of the family in Iowa by 1860.
Thinking we don't have a connection. Sorry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions