Search for content in message boards

Kentucky Mulhall's

Kentucky Mulhall's

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 8:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mulhall,Horrell,Bradley,Heavrin,Carrico,Hill
Does anyone have info on Thomas J. Mulhall born 4-3-1865 died Louisville,Ky 7-30-1951 married Margaret "Maggie" Theresa Burke 8-10-1867*2-8-1949..This is some of their children.....Clarence Thomas Mulhall born Grayson Springs,Ky 9-16-1887 and died Owensboro,Ky 6-21-1953.....Effie L Mulhall born 3-1890..... Eula A. Mulhall born 2-25-1891 and died Louisville,Ky 7-31-1985..... Vergie R Mulhall born 3-1896.....Robert Omar Mulhall born 2-15-1900 and died Louisville,Ky 12-25-1955..... Charles Hubert Mulhall born 6-17-1906 and died Louisville,Ky 10-15-1964...........Thomas J. Mulhall 1865-1951 was the son of Thomas A. Mulhall Jr 1819-1901 and Susan Bradley Mulhall born abt 1824 and died before 1900 census

Re: Kentucky Mulhall's

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Mulhall, Gunning
Hello, melvin. I am a direct relative of the mulhalls you speak of. My Grandfather was Robert Omar who was a railroad telegrapher. I don't know much personally about the Mulhall side of the family since my grandfather died before I was born. I do know that Thomas A's father was Thomas kempis Mulhall(b. 1780 in ireland, d. 1861 in Hardin,ky) who was married to Ann Gunning(b. 1782 in Maryland, died 1860 hardin, ky) These were their children:
Children

Joseph Mulhall 1817-1900
William Xavier Mulhall 1818-1880
Thomas Mulhall 1819-1901
Robert Edward Mulhall 1821-1901
Thos. A. Mulhall 1824-1901
Margaret Ann Mulhall 1827-1888
James P Mulhall 1828-1884

I am stumped right now at finding information about Thos. K's trip over to the US.
Any info at all that you have on the Mulhall family, stories, pictures, memories, etc. I would love to see/hear.Anything would be appreciated.Robert Omar's son is still living in louisville. He is my dad. I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 6:21AM GMT
Hello,Its great to here from a new cousin.I have never heard of Thomas A.Mulhall refered to with middle name of Kempis,I have always found him listed as Thomas A.Mulhall Sr.,I have him listed as coming to Ky. abt. 1820..It looks like our 1st common Grandparents is Thomas A.Mulhall Jr. & Susan Bradley (our G.G.Grandparents),Susan was 1st cousin to Thomas Smith Bradley 1818-1898 who was the G.Grandpa of Omar Nelson Bradley 1898-1981 a famous General in WWI and WWII,So that makes Omar Nelson a cousin of ours.It looks like we are 3rd cousins seeing that my G.Grandma Alice Susan Mulhall Heavrin and your G.Grandpa Thos.J.Mulhall were brother & sister and my Grandma Winnifred "Winnie" Catherine Heavrin Horrell and your Grandpa Robert Omar Mulhall were 1st cousins,I wonder if your Grandpa was named after Omar Nelson Bradley seeing that Omar Nelson was born abt 7 years before your Grandpa.......This is who I have so far listed as siblings of your Grandpa Robert Omar:Dates have not been verified, Clarence Thomas Mulhall 1887/9-1953...Effie L.Mulhall 1890-?...Eula R.Mulhall 1891/2-1985...Vergie R.Mulhall 1896-?...Omar Mulhall 1900-1955...Charles H.Mulhall ?1900?-1964............I have the marriage date of our G.G.Grandparents,Thomas A.Mulhall & Susan Bradley as 12-2-1844 in Hardin Co.,Ky at St.John The Baptist,I have found Susan's middle name listed 2 differant ways 1 as Susan Ann and the other as Susan Elijah,as her Father listed as Elijah Bradley.......I have tons of info on the Mulhall's descendanted from Thomas A.Mulhall Jr. & Susan Bradley....The oldest living descendants on the Mulhall's that I know is my Mom born 1935,her sister my Aunt born 1928 and a 3rd cousin born in 1920 whos G.Grandpa who he remembers John "Bud" Mulhall because he was 24 yrs old when Bud died,Bud was a brother to your G.Grandpa Thos. J. Mulhall,I can contact him to see if he remembers Thos. if you like.I dont think I have a picture of Thomas A. Mulhall Jr. but I do have a portrait of Susan Bradley Mulhall.....Lots of the Mulhall descendants live in Jefferson Co and Hardin Co.,Ky.,If you have any questions fill free to ask,Do you live in Louisville? also,Sincerley your coz. Melvin

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Mulhall, Bradley, Heavrin
Hello, melvin! How exciting to find a new relative! I am appreciative that you emailed me bk. My full name is Shannon Marie Mulhall Recktenwald(married name) and while I no longer live in Louisville, I still get bk there about every one and a half years to visit family. I grew up in Louisville and spent most of my life there. My parents, including my father still live in Louisville though as does most of my family. My G, Robert Omar, has 2 living children: my father , Robert Burke Mulhall b. 1944 and my aunt, Ann Hughes Mulhall Williams. Ann was a twin, but her twin died at birth. Robert Omar had another daughter, Mary who died in the 70's , I think of a brain tumor. My oldest living relative is Alice Jane Carothers, My Grandmother's sister. I am contacting her now to see if she has any helpful information. I will share any info I get with you.
I don't remember any of my G's siblings except Eula and I only have flashes of memeories of her since I didn't see her much, but sometimes I would go with my dad to visit "aunt Eula" before she passed. I will ask my dad and aunt if they have any stories or info that they can share about Robert Omar's sibs or other family memebers.
My dad is currently trying to get in contact with a man who once wtote a booklet on the mulhall's in ky and who still lives in Louisville. Once he gets that info, I will be glad to share with you. Likewise, I would love for you to share as much of your information about the Mulhall's descendanted from Thomas A.Mulhall Jr. & Susan Bradley as you are willing to share, including susan's photo. I have no photos so I would be excited to see what she looks like. You can email the picture to me if you like or I can give you my mailing address. whatever you prefer.What is your mom's name? does she or your aunt have any stories or info they would like to share? I would very much appreciate if you would ask your cousin if he remembers anything about Thomas. This is all so exciting...yet frustrating at times as well. It's like a giant puzzle.
My dad is really interested in learning about the path his relatives used to get to ky -- did they come through the Cumberland Gap for example? I don't know how to get this kind of information though. Do you? Do you live in Nelson/Hardin County? I wonder if you have been to any of the Mulhall gravesites or know where Thomas and his decendants are buried?
I will let my dad know that we've connected as he is very interested in all the information I am finding out. I don't know if Robert Omar was named after Omar Nelson, but it could be. That is done alot, I have come to understand through all my research.
Again, I appreciate your writing me bk and I look forward to hearing from you again. Please excuse any typing errors: a typist, I am not. Thanks again,
Sincerely, Shannon

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 12:06AM GMT
Hey , Melvin. I have been searching for the susan bradley/Omar Smith Bradley connection, but can't find it. Do you have specific names and dates of how they are connected? Thanks,
shannon

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 5:10AM GMT
Hello Shannon,OK I cant tell you where I found this connection,I have all of my research written on paper and I have tons and tons and tons of all my families on paper but not in a data base on the computer,so it takes me forever to find all of my info at one time,other words I cant find my resources for this info,but here we go,For Omar Nelson Bradley's line: Gen.1 James Bradley abt.1743---8-26-1805,Gen.2 Thomas Bradley 1773---9-4-1845,Gen.3 Thomas Smith Bradley 1-27-1818---11-16-1898,Gen.4 Thomas Minter Bradley 12-29-1844---abt.1920,Gen.5 John Smith Bradley 2-15-1867---1-30-1908,Gen 6 Omar Nelson Bradley 2-12-1893---4-8-1981,,,,,,,,,,,Now for our Bradley line,Keep in mind that our Gen. 1 is the same person as Omar Nelson's Gen. 1,,Gen. 1 James Bradley abt. 1743---8-26-1805,Gen. 2 Elijah Bradley 1774---4-1-1855,Gen.3 Susan Bradley

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 5:34AM GMT
This is a list of all known children of Thomas A.Mulhall & Susan Bradley Mulhall >> 1 Annie Melvina 5-1848---?, 2 John H."Bud" 1850---4-29-1944 , 3 Mary Ellen "Babe" 1852--- ? , 4 Martha F. "Mattie" abt. 1854---6-1917 , 5 James Edgar abt. 1855/---1938 , 6 Sarah , 7 Terrecca A. , 8 Thomas J. abt. 4-1864---7-30-1951 , 9 Joseph H. abt. 1866/68---? 8-25-1931 ? , 10 Susan Alice abt.1868---1955 , 11 Robert Lee 3-1872--- ?

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 4:58PM GMT
Thanks, Melvin for getting bk to me. I appreciate the help. I have the same list of chlidre as you replied for thomas A. and susan bradley, I just didn't have any nicknames. It's always nice to hear from you.Are you in Nelson county? Have you visited any of the grave sites? I know all I do is ask questions, but inquiring minds want to know and you seem to know a great deal. I am putting my stuff together on my public tree on ancestry.com just so I can keep it organized. I am also doing it by hand, so I know the many " you are talking about. "papers" Any stories, info etc that you are willing to share is appreciated.Have a wonderful day!

Posted: 29 Jun 2009 4:46PM GMT
Hey, melvin.
How are you? I wondered b/c I never heard from you after my last post. I was wondering if you were ever able to dig up susan bradley's photo? If so, could you send it to me. I'd love to see her. Also, I received a message from stevefelten1 that I thought you might find interesting. It is printed below. Please let me know how you are and if you come up with any information you think I should know. talk to you soon, shannon

Subject: RE: Mulhall/Bradley

At some point in your research you will run into "Old Tom" Mulhall who still lives in Kentucky, and is descendant from James P. (1928) He has lots of photos and his research shows Rebecca, Susan and Eleanor Bradley as Elijah and Mary Logsdon's grandchildren. I did not change my tree to reflect that, pending corroboration.

There was a Father Mulhall who built a log cabin church in Hodgenville, Larue County: Saint Joachim Catholic Chapel. The cemetery is still there. The Mulhall/Bradley family sold the land where Lincoln's cabin was in Hodgenville (Hwy 31-E and Hwy 84)

My mother-in-law has a pre-civil war journal from Lillie Mae Mulhall that shows her buying a dozen eggs from Rebecca Bradley, and has records such as birthdates for a lot of the Mulhalls.

Joseph McClelland Mulhall moved to California about 1920 and built a house where North Hollywood High School now stands. I have lots of info and pictures of that branch of the family, if you are interested. I'd love to see the picture of Susan Bradley if you get it from Melvingross.

I've never been able to find out anything more about Thomas Mulhall from Donegal County, Ireland

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 12:11AM GMT
Hey, melvin.
How are you? I wondered b/c I never heard from you after my last post. I hope that everything's okay with you.I was wondering if you were ever able to dig up Susan Bradley's photo? If so, could you send it to me. I'd love to see her. Please let me know how you are and if you come up with any information you think I should know. Hope to talk to you soon, shannon

per page

Find a board about a specific topic