Search for content in message boards

Easington Hall- England

Easington Hall- England

James Maxwell Overton (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2000 7:22AM GMT
I can trace part of the Overton family from Easington Hall in Yorkshire but still have large gaps. If any Overtons who know they have come from this branch have information, let's share. Email me at maxoverton@primus.com.au

Overtons/Easington Hall, Yorkshire

Ruth Warner (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 6:53PM GMT
A book published in 1997 has the most current and detailed information ever published about the English Overtons who came from Easington in East Riding, Yorkshire. The book is: The Overtons: 700 Years, With Allied Families From England to Virginia, Kentucky and Texas. It is compiled by Nan Overton West. Her E-mail address: pnwest@earthlink.net Direct correspondence and book orders to: Nan Overton West, 822 72nd St. Lubbock, TX 79424-2102
Nan is descended from William Overton, the immigrant (1638-1697)who came to Virginia in 1669. His father was Major-General Robert Overton (1609-1678). The book traces the line back to a WIlliam de Overton ca. 1300 I think you'll find it very interesting. Good luck!

Overton in England

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 11:23AM GMT
I have a TEMPERANCE OVERTON who was born about 1613, married Willeame (William) HARRIS. Their son, William Harris, Jr. was born 1633 in England, died 16 May 1698 in Fairfax County, VA. He and his wife, Jane were the immigrants to Virginia. Do you know if this family is the same as in the book you reference?

Re: Temperance Overton and William Harris

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 4:39PM GMT
Debbie: Information that I have on the Overton Family shows that there was a William Overton who was born Dec 3, 1638 in Easington, England. He came to Virginia in 1669 and a year later married Elizabeth Waters. William and Elizabeth had a family of 6 children. Their 3rd child was a girl named Temperence, born 2 March 1679 in Virginia and died in Hanover Co., VA. on 19 February 1716 She is buried at "Cedar Hill" in Hanover Co., VA. She married William Harris around 1695. The 5th child of Willliam Overton and Elizabeth Waters was a son named James Overton who was a Justice of Hanover County and also a Captain of the Militia. James married Elizabeth Garland.

Overton/Harris

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2000 3:56PM GMT
This is great - thanks!

Temperance Overton Harris

Ruth Warner (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 10:06AM GMT
Replying to Bernie 8/22 and Debbie 8/23. Yes, this is the same Virginia family that is covered by the book WHICH IS NOW OUT OF PRINT. It is: The Overtons: 700 Years, From England to Virginia, Kentucky to Texas. Compiled by Nan Overton West. Her E-mail is
pnwest@earthlink.net. Her mailing address is: 4822 72nd St, Lubbock, TX 79424. She also has a web page. Good luck!

Ruth Warner (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 10:10AM GMT
Replying to Bernie 8/22 and Debbie 8/23. Yes, this is the same Virginia family that is covered by the book WHICH IS NOW OUT OF PRINT. It is: The Overtons: 700 Years, From England to Virginia, Kentucky to Texas. Compiled by Nan Overton West. Her E-mail is
pnwest@earthlink.net. Her mailing address is: 4822 72nd St, Lubbock, TX 79424. She also has a web page. Good luck!

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 12:12PM GMT
Thanks for your help - I will contact her.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic