Search for content in message boards

Relatives of Peter Paton born1902-1962.

Relatives of Peter Paton born1902-1962.

Lorraine (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2001 5:07PM GMT
Any info re:Peter Paton :father LawrencePaton :mother Henrietta Paton m.s Milne.spouse:Magdalene(clark)formerly mowatt
1902-1982 resided Dundee Scotland .known of relatives in Canada.

Re: Relatives of Peter Paton born1902-1962.

Posted: 20 Jan 2005 7:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Paton Milne
Hello
My name is Lee Trentadue. My mother's name was Isabel (Isabella Paton).Her mother was Henrietta Paton.Maiden name Milne I believe. My mother came to Canada in 1927 with a number of her siblings including Lawrence,Helen, Betty
and I believe my mother had a brother Peter who stayed in Scotland and a sister Mary who came to Canada but went back.They are from the Firth of Fourth area and did visit and stay
at Rose Cottage I believe might have been near Dundee?
Please reply

Bonnie Paton-Pietruch (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2005 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Paton/Geddes/Miller/Tainsh/McDougall/Livingstone/Fyfe
I noticed the names of your mother and her siblings are very close to the names I have been researching in Kinross and Dunfermline areas. My gg-Grandfather was Alexander Paton born in Kinross to a Peter Paton and Margaret Miller(which appears now to have been his second wife - first wife Jean Geddes) in 1843. Have been having a terrible time finding facts as they only registered birth of the first child Agnes in 1822 in Kinross. After reviewing the 1841 Kinross census, found Peter Paton Tailor with the following children Agnes, 18;
Lawrence, 9(probably 7) and Peter 23 months. What struck me about your names was Lawrence which really is not a common Paton given name. I have been able to find the above Lawrence ( I believe a sibling of my gg-grandfather) in Dunfermline married a Janet Carmichael in 1860 with a Janet, Mary and Jean Geddes Paton born between 1857 and 1864. These from Family Search and will verify any others at Family History Centers when able. Could your line originate from this Lawrence? Would love to hear other details, dates that you might have available, my Paton search has been frustrating so far.
Bonnie Paton-Pietruch

Posted: 14 Mar 2005 11:04PM GMT
please get in touch with me regarding ur post ..i believe we might be related somehow i am the grandaughter of peter paton ,living in dundee scotland lc3763@hotmail.com thankyou

Posted: 14 Mar 2005 11:14PM GMT
i found this marriage record of my great grandfather and greatgrandmothers marriage august 1900 who were married in jarrow tyne and wear ,i believe he went there to work as a miner .http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/Transcriptions/DUR/MJARCC.html

Posted: 16 Mar 2005 10:40AM GMT
sorry i do not know any details of what you are asking i can only go as far back as my great granfather lawrence paton who i believe once lived in fife scotland , see my other posts ..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic