Search for content in message boards

Henry T. Childs

Henry T. Childs

Posted: 30 Apr 2011 12:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Henry T. Childs. Marriages taken from Otsego Herald & Western Advertiser and Freeman's Journal Record states T.H. Childs and Edna C. Moak married on Dec. 27, 1871 in Springfield, New York (Published Jan. 4. 1872). Edna buried in Leesville Cemetery. Any help would be grateful. Thanks

Re: Henry T. Childs

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 12:44PM GMT
I have some info on a Henry T. Childs who was loosely affiliated with the Shakers in Philadelphia in the late 1870s, but he may not be your man.

Henry T. Childs was in the news after being duped by a spiritualist: ‘The Realm of Specters’, Daily Inter Ocean, September 23, 1874, p. 2; and ‘Katie King's Confession’, New Hampshire Sentinel, January 21, 1875, p. 1.

This Childs was a member of the peace movement in Philadelphia: ‘The Love Letter: Peace Union's Note to the Czar’, Philadelphia Inquirer, June 1, 1881, p. 2; ‘Peace’, Philadelphia Inquirer, June 3, 1873, p. 3.

Henry T. Childs died in 1890 in Philadelphia, and left his estate to his wife: ‘Jottings about the City’, Philadelphia Inquirer, June 26, 1890, p. 5. With his death date, you might be able to get get his wife's name from the probate file, to see if it was Edna.

Re: Henry T. Childs

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 1:33PM GMT
Thank you for your information. I believe my Henry T. Childs lived and died in New York. I had seen this Henry T. Childs from Philadephia in the census records. I will check the article to see if I can determine the wife's name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic