Search for content in message boards

Gay Family From Isle of Wight County Virginia

Gay Family From Isle of Wight County Virginia

Mildred Gay (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2004 10:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gay,Walker
If anyone has Family that either live or has lived in Isle of Wight County, Virginia area,with last name of "Gay" Pls, notify me at my e-mail address.....Perhaps we could share information . My Gay family would have included William James Gay, with his wife being Rosa Lee "Walker" Gay.... He died in 1962, and she died in 1961...Their childrens names were as follows.....Bessie, Meadie, Mary Elizabeth, Annie Maude, Lucille, William James, Jr.(Bud)and James (Linwood), Frances, Dana

Re: Gay Family From Isle of Wight County Virginia

Posted: 28 Jan 2004 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Gay
I lived in the area, but it was just a fluke. My Gays went to the south from VA and ended up in MS before the 1840's.

Did you know that Arthur Jones, of Art Jones Travel, was married to a Gay? He passed away in the 1990's but she might still be living. She was supposedly very knowledgeable about the Gay family in that area.

Betty Gaines (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2004 5:48PM GMT
Yes, I have family that came from the Isle of Wight County, Virginia. I think, but can not prove that I am from Henry Gay l who was married to Joane Sanders. If you are related to that line, please contact me.

Jim (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2004 11:00AM GMT
My family moved to Tippah Co. MS in about 1840 from TN. Would you be from the same line? Edwin Gay came from Edgecomb Co., NC and died in TN. His wife and only child, a son, moved to MS about 1840. She remarried and I can't remember hisname at this time. This line goes back to VA where Henry Gay came to VA in about 1628.

Are you connect to this line??? Look forward to hearing from you.

linda (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2006 1:28AM GMT
Our first ancestry Henry Gay 1640 England,M.Joane Sanders.had children born in Isle Of Wight Va.Our 2nd.ancester Henry Gay b.1674 Isle of Wight Va.M.Jane Lawrence.Our 3rd.ancester Thomas Gay 1730 Isle Of Wight Va. M.Patience Mcdaniel Simms Moved to N.C.

salliegenseeker (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2006 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Gay, Marks
Linda, I too am seeking Gay family from England around the same time to Virginia to NC. I don't know for sure what my Jonathan's father's name was ( from England) and in Virginia is but I had previously thought his father's name was John Gay because I saw no other possilities. What I know is my first ancestor is NC is Jonathon Gay in Northampton County. I know he was born in the 1700's (it was thought in England but now I think Virginia) I am positive he was not born in NC. Do you know Where in NC your Gays settled? Do you know if Thomas Gay had a brother? Look forward to your answer. Sallie

Posted: 7 Dec 2006 7:22AM GMT
My first ancestor, Henry Gay married Joane. My second ancestor, Henry Gay, II married Jane Lawrence. My third ancestor, Henry Gay, III married Mary. I would like to see what you have and see if we can help each other connect lines. Look forward to hearing from you.
Russell Gay

Posted: 7 Dec 2006 7:28AM GMT
I am a descendant of Henry Gay of Isle of Wight County and have extensive research on it. What research have you done and what can you not prove?

Posted: 7 Dec 2006 7:30AM GMT
What is your connection to Isle of Wight County? Do you branch off of Henry Gay who married Joane/Jane?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic