Search for content in message boards

Willey: NC TN IL - John F, B:Abt 1805 - Father = William?

Willey: NC TN IL - John F, B:Abt 1805 - Father = William?

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 12:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Willey Wille Willie Wylly Whylly Wiley Morris Morrison
I've hit a brick wall regarding my ancestors, and I'm hoping someone out there might have some of the answers I'm searching....

My ggfather was: William Abe (maybe Amos?) Willey B: 1867 Illinois, died mining accident Kansas or Missouri approx 1917-1920,

my gggfather was: Isaac Wilson Willey B: 1831 Tennessee, moved to Illinois as child with parents

my ggggfather was: John F Willey B Abt: 1805 Tennessee, possibly NC - married Millie or Milly Margaret Morris or Morrison (I'm fairly certain this should be correct, but John F is where it starts getting sketchy because I'm not certain which John Willey this is....could be son of John or could be son of William)....

possible gggggfather: John, BAbt: 1770, Halifax, North Carolina

OR

possible gggggfather: William (possibly Daniel or Dickson) Willey, Jr, BAbt: 1770 Halifax, North Carolina

either way (John or William = brothers), I believe their father, my ggggggfather would be William Willey, Sr, birth date I have found anywhere from 1726 to 1750 Halifax, North Carolina,

gggggggfather: Joseph Willey, m. I believe, to Mary Ives

And that is where I stopped because I just couldn't follow anymore and make sense of it all. I sure do hope you can help, cause there is no one in my family that has a clue about our ancestors (not even my dad).

Thanks much!
J (Willey) Long

Re: Willey: NC TN IL - John F, B:Abt 1805 - Father = William?

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Willey, Ives
I'm descended through John F Willey whose father was William. John F did have a son John Felix Willey who died in Hancock County, Illinois. I have the son Johns birth as about 1795 in Halifax, North Carolina. I don't have any other information on the son John.

John Sr. was born 1765-1773 in Halifax County, North Carolina. He was the son of William Willey who was born about 1730 and died 1777.

The parents of William are Joseph Willey and Mary Ives. Joseph was born 1700 in Virginia and died 1792 in Norfolk, Virginia.

I have more information regarding the siblings if interested. I'm descended through John Srs youngest son, George Washington Willey.

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 12:00PM GMT
Hi!!
Thanks for responding! Do you, by chance, know the name of John Felix wife's name or any of the children?

From your info...it looks like it goes as follows:
Joseph Willey (1700, VA-1792) & Mary Ives (1)
William Willey (1730-1777) (2)
John F (1765-1773) (3)
John Felix (1795) (4)

I have found the George Washington Willey line in my searches; I just haven't been able to clearly link to the father of my John F Willey. Seems as though there may be at least more than 2 that could be him. Ugh! I'm so frustrated! Jeri

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Willey
The Willey's can get extremely frustrating what with so many of the same names. I'm going to sit down tonight and go through a lot of my things and hopefully get somewhere. Now its bugging me not knowing exactly which John F. goes where.
I did come across another John F., who is the son of William and Nancy Willey. It states that he went to Hancock County Illinois with his two brothers Isaac and Wilson. I noticed that you mentioned the name Issac before maybe thats a hint? I'll dig through some of my notes and see what I can find. As of right now I do not have a spouse or children for John F. Willey's son John F.

I hope that makes sense.

Rachel

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 7:20PM GMT
Rachel,
You are SO correct! I am completely frustrated with the Willey line!!! I have searched and searched and searched. I can prove stuff thru John F Willey, but as I said, that's where I get stymied. I do think William and Nancy may be my relations, but can't be sure yet! THANK YOU so much for considerting helping me on this!!! And yes, Isaac (my gggfather) had a brother Wilson and my my grandpa was Floyd Isaac Willey

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: Willey, Plant, Mills
I have been following your types, I come from Wilson and when he died a John F. Willey married Wilson's wife. Yes the Willeys are hard to follow and I have up against your brick wall and have put it aside for now. But Wilson ended up in Bond Co., Il. where my people settled and where John F. married Frances Hall Mills on 5 July 1853. Wilson and Frances Mills are my gggrandparents. I will share if you would like. At least to sort this John F.

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 11:28PM GMT
Hi there! Thanks for responding! I'm interested in finding ANY information about the NC/TN/IL Willeys. They must be all related in some way....I might be able to follow someone thru someone else.

I'm guessing our Johns may be different. I think Milly (wife to my John) lived about 4 years after John's death. I know that my John also had a son named Jonathan Caroll Willey (and was able to find a bit about him in a historical record which confirmed the name of his dad & mom) and that Dad owned property in Tennessee. I think my John may have been related to a Felix Willey...I found a TN property deed from John to Felix.

Please send me anything you have. I could SOOoooooo use it!

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 6:48PM GMT
Hi there. I was just looking around by request of my grandfather- Mike Willey, who asked me to research our family.
William Willey (1730) is my Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather. :) cool. my GGGG Grandfather is James Wilson Willey, the son of William Willey. and my GGG grandfather is James Wilson Willey Jr.
My GG grandfather is Warren Monroe Willey. And my Great grandfather is Miles Willey. His son, my grandfather is Marvin (Mike) Willey. How cool. I know this thread is a few years old but thought it would be neat to respond to.

-Josie (Willey) C

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 2:11PM GMT
Rachel,

I've now officially gone round robin with my research....

Would you be willing to compare notes. I'm now thinking maybe we are both doing the same line of Willey research. My email address is jlong00 at hotmail dot com.

Thanks much!Jeri

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 2:13PM GMT
Sorry Josie,

I'm still so concentrated on my Willey line that I haven't gone thru the siblings lines....I haven't come across a Mike Willey in my research yet.

Good luck on your searches, these Willey's (me included) can be an awfully frustrating bunch!

Jeri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions