TAYLOR Family Lancashire

Posted: 10 Nov 2003 2:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Aug 2004 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Butterworth, Dawson, Travis, Thorpe, Brearley, Norris, Howard
Looking for Taylor Family in Lancashire

Charles Taylor b. abt 1816 d. 1895 in Liverpool, Lancashire,
England son of John Taylor & Sophia Howard

John was b. 1774 d. 1834 @ Smethurst Hall, Birtle Cum Bamford, Lancashire, England son of James Taylor and Margaret (or Mary)

James b. abt 1719 son of Edmund Taylor.

Edmund had brother John & Sister Betty, who married a man named Travis. This John was original Taylor owner of Smethurst Hall and recieved it from the Meadowcroft family.

Families married into this Taylor family: Butterworth, Dawson, Travis, Thorpe, Brearley, Norris, Howard

Re: Taylor Family Lancashire

Luke Howard Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2004 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Topping, Smethurst, Howard
James Taylor of Smethurst Hall was my 5th Great Grandfather, and his wife, as you suggested - was in fact called Margaret Topping. I am decended through his son John Taylor - who married Sophia Collis (you suggested Howard). This John's second born son was called John (my 3rd Great Grandfather) he was Charles Taylor's brother who was the fifth born son (incidentally he had a twin brother called Samuel). Charles decendents moved, in part, to America - perhaps this is where you are researching from ?

Anyway James Taylor's Family bible was transcribed by John, his grandson and has been passed down through the family to myself. My Grandfather having recently died. It has extensive details of the family - which I have further researched. In terms of Charles decendents I also have several details that have recently been sent to me by a descendent of his.

The Family history further back than this is rather sketchy - perhaps you would E-mail me and we can exchange research - for instance Charles is listed in the family Bible as having been born on the 9th Jan 1812.

Luke Howard Taylor (5th Great Grandson of James Taylor)

Re: Taylor Family Lancashire

Posted: 25 Aug 2004 9:37PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2004 9:44PM GMT
I am tracing my Travis ancestors who seem to come from the Butterworth area. If I am correct in my assumptions then my 7 Great Uncle Joseph Travis who was born. 11 July 1703 married Betty Taylor on 6 January 1727 St Chads Rochdale. Betty born 1705 died 17 July 1758.

Joseph was the son of Benjamin Travis b 1675 & Jane Brearly b 1679.

Would you like any more information on this Travis line.

regards

Julie Dalton
email julie@dalton1000.fsnet.co.uk

Re: TAYLOR Family Lancashire

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 7:31PM GMT
Since my last posting on my topic my email address has been changed.

I can be contacted at julie@cybersoftcentral.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic