Search for content in message boards

George Washington Rogers

George Washington Rogers

Posted: 20 Feb 2011 8:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
My great great grandfather was George Monroe Rogers (1883-1842). I've discovered documents that say his father was George W. Rogers and I've been told the W stands for Washington.

I've found quite a few George Washington Rogers born in TN but I can't figure out which one is the right one. Any advice on how to do this?

thank you,
Billy Rogers

Re: George Washington Rogers

Posted: 20 Feb 2011 9:00PM GMT
First, determine the age of George W. Rogers. Where is he buried and the dates on the tombstone might help. Where born? etc.

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Rogers
Greetings Billy:

I may be able to help you, if I had more information from your post. I have several Rogers’s names in my database from Tennessee including a George W. Rogers, but for a different date of birth than yours. I would be happy to share all my Rogers information with you. Could you please answer the following questions I have about your post? If you do not have any of the information please let me know that in your answers. I would appreciate it if you could keep your answers in the same numerical sequence I have used.

1. Where did you get the information about your George Monroe Rogers? Was it something you saw written somewhere or was it based on what someone told you?

2. What are the documents you discovered that say George Monroe's father was a George W. Rogers. How did you happen to discover those documents? Who had possession of them?

3. What data/information do you have about the "quite a few" George Washington Rogers born in Tennessee? Where and how did you acquire your information about these other George Washingtons? Did you discover any information about these other Georges’ parents, spouses, children, or other relatives?

4. Has anyone in your family been helping you with your family history research?

5. Does any of your information contain complete dates for births, marriages, or deaths? By complete dates, I mean the day of the event, the month of the event and the year of the event. Does any of your information contain complete locations of the events? Complete locations would be the city, county, state, and country if born outside the United States. Does your data have complete names for the Individuals you refer to in your post? Complete names would be the first name, the middle name, the surname, and in the case of female spouses, their maiden names?

6. Do you have someone that could help you get the answers to these questions? If that person(s) has questions about any part of what I have asked for they could email me or call me directly at 801-581-1087. You are also welcome to call me.

You could post your answers on the message boards that you have been using or you could send the information to me offline, at my email address, which is jamerm@comcast.net.

Your friend, Jim McIntosh

Please have a great day with your best friend - our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 1:56AM GMT
I'll email you directly.

thanks

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 1:58AM GMT
headstone lists Jan 3, 1883 - Mar 21, 1942

he's buried in Payne Springs Cemetery in Payne Springs,TX.

He died in Mabank,TX and was born in Texas. He was 59 when he died. Shot by his 12 year old son.

I have Angus,Tx listed as his birthplace but I can't remeber where i got that information and don't have any documentation to back up the town where he was born but do have a census that states he was born in Texas.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions