I may be able to help you, if I had more information from your post. I have several Rogers’s names in my database from Tennessee including a George W. Rogers, but for a different date of birth than yours. I would be happy to share all my Rogers information with you. Could you please answer the following questions I have about your post? If you do not have any of the information please let me know that in your answers. I would appreciate it if you could keep your answers in the same numerical sequence I have used.
1. Where did you get the information about your George Monroe Rogers? Was it something you saw written somewhere or was it based on what someone told you?
2. What are the documents you discovered that say George Monroe's father was a George W. Rogers. How did you happen to discover those documents? Who had possession of them?
3. What data/information do you have about the "quite a few" George Washington Rogers born in Tennessee? Where and how did you acquire your information about these other George Washingtons? Did you discover any information about these other Georges’ parents, spouses, children, or other relatives?
4. Has anyone in your family been helping you with your family history research?
5. Does any of your information contain complete dates for births, marriages, or deaths? By complete dates, I mean the day of the event, the month of the event and the year of the event. Does any of your information contain complete locations of the events? Complete locations would be the city, county, state, and country if born outside the United States. Does your data have complete names for the Individuals you refer to in your post? Complete names would be the first name, the middle name, the surname, and in the case of female spouses, their maiden names?
6. Do you have someone that could help you get the answers to these questions? If that person(s) has questions about any part of what I have asked for they could email me or call me directly at 801-581-1087. You are also welcome to call me.
You could post your answers on the message boards that you have been using or you could send the information to me offline, at my email address, which is firstname.lastname@example.org
Your friend, Jim McIntosh
Please have a great day with your best friend - our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!