Search for content in message boards

Marlow's of LA>TN

Marlow's of LA>TN

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 9:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marlow
Looking for any info on Dewey E. Marlow [b. 1923/24 d. 1990?]ancestry connection to NOLA or Kenner LA.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Re: Marlow's of LA>TN

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 4:13AM GMT
New Orleans Directory
Dewey E Marlow 15 May 1923 567 Lauricella Ave, New Orleans, LA, 70121-1734

ss death indx
Name: Dewey E. Marlow
SSN: 411-28-6122
Born: 15 May 1923
Died: 18 Oct 1990
State (Year) SSN issued: Tennessee (Before 1951)

posted Oct 23, 1990
The Times Picayune 1990 Obituary Index Orleans Parish Louisiana
Source The Times Picayune News Paper
Marlow, Dewey E

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 8:28PM GMT
Thank you for this info. Would you or someone here have access to the obit? If so,would be possible to get?

Thank You

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 3:39AM GMT
Give it a few days or post your request on the Orleans list, some one will probably have access that I don't have.

If not here are sources to order obituary. read instructions

http://neworleanspubliclibrary.org/obits/orderingobits.htm

http://neworleanspubliclibrary.org/~nopl/info/louinfo/louinf...

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 3:44PM GMT
I checked, but my source does not include obits from 1989 through the 1990's for some reason. Sorry. :(

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 6:11PM GMT
He was born in Tenn do you think maybe if he still had relatives there might be an obit in the local newspaper ? I checked genealogybank and didn't come up with anything except another guy with the same name that died from car accident in TN

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 8:07PM GMT
Good thinking! Let me check Tennessee.

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 8:13PM GMT
I'm not finding one for 1990, but there is one for a Dewey "Harold" Marlow, Jr....I dont think this is what you are looking for but will post it here for you...

Dewey Marlow Jr.: Newspaper Obituary and Death Notice

Chattanooga Times Free Press (TN) - Thursday, November 11, 2004
Deceased Name: Dewey Marlow Jr.
CROSSVILLE - Dewey "Harold" Marlow Jr., 81, died Monday, Nov. 8, 2004, at Cumberland Medical Center.
He was born Aug. 8, 1923, in Chattanooga, son of Dewey Harrison Marlow and Lessie Catherine Lewis Marlow.
Mr. Marlow had been one of the owners of Marlow Motors. He was a member of First United Methodist Church and a Shriner. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors wife, Marie Hinch Marlow, Crossville; three sons, Randy Marlow, Dothan, Ala., Robert Marlow, Shelbyville, Tenn., Jim Marlow, Germany; one daughter, Carolyn Marlow, Chattanooga; six grandchildren; brother, Ray Marlow, Crossville; two sisters, Juanita Ewing, Oak Ridge, Tenn., Margie Lewis, Crossville.

He was preceded in death by brother, Aaron Ralph Marlow.
Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. CST Friday, Nov. 12, 2004, from the chapel of Bilbrey Funeral Home, Crossville. The Rev. Carleton Thackston and Dr. James H. Beasley Jr. will officiate.

Burial in Crossville City Cemetery.
Pallbearers: nephews, George Marlow, Stan Lewis, Jerry Lewis, Steve Lewis, Dennis Hinch, Dwight Hinch, Vance Graham, Sam Graham, Jerry Graham.
Honorary pallbearer, Don Hinch.
Family will receive friends 4-7 p.m. CST today, Nov. 11, at Bilbrey Funeral Home.
Family requests that memorials be made to American Heart Association or First United Methodist Church Building Fund.
Bilbrey Funeral Home Inc., Crossville, in charge.

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 8:28PM GMT
Thats the one I came up with, don't know if his father or grandfather or just another man with same name ?

He should reply lets see what he thinks.

Thanks for looking

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 10:30PM GMT
Thank you very much for looking. This is not the Dewey E. Marlow .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions