Search for content in message boards

Foltz

Foltz

Gary Foltz (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Volks, Foltz
I have a Family crest, wanting more information on the region of origenation.

FOLTZ

THERESA F. PONTIFF (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Looking for information on the FOLTZ's who settled in LA COTE DES ALLEMANDS in Louisiana (also known as the German Coast). Need early parents and grandparents of Antoine Folse (FOLTZ) who was born in 1756, was married to Marie Borne(1st wife) and Marie Leche(2nd wife). Any early information would be greatly appreciated. THANKS.

Antoine Foltz, b. 1757 Vacherie, LA.

Gretchen Folse (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FOLTZ, FOLSE
I may have some information on Antoine Foltz, born 1757 in Vacherie Louisiana. Please contact me as soon as possible if you have any information on the origin and/or meaning of the surname "Foltz" or its variant "Folse." We can exchange information.

Origin of Folse

Posted: 19 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2001 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: FOLTZ, FOLSE, VOLTZ, VOLZ
"The German surname, FOLTZ, which was changed in Louisiana to FOLSE, originated in the areas of Ramstein and Kaiserslautern, Germany." FOLTZ was written as Foltse, Faulse, Folst, Folet, Folch, Folsh, Poltz, Fos and now "Folse" in many of the records. The earliest mention of the name, FOLTZ, in Germany occurred in 1656, when Petter VOLTZ was referenced to as a "miller at the mill of Hohenecken".The source is from the German Coast Families European Origins & Settlement in Colonial Louisiana, author:Albert J. Robichaux, Jr., Hebert Publications Donald J. Hebert, Rayne, LA, copyright 1997, Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 96-78542, pg 171 to 173.

Foltz origin

Posted: 20 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: Foltz, Voltz, Volz, Foeltzin, Voltzin, etc
Hi,

the above mentioned names appear in my tree from Guendlingen, near Freiburg, Baden in south Germany. The ealiest Volz entries in the Guendlingen parish records are dated abt. 1659 and later. I have this name in my direct line. The Volz name can also be found in the near Alsace/ France. Any connection?

Andreas Zipfel-Waag, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany.

VOLZs in Alsass/Alsace

Posted: 21 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 3:41AM GMT
Surnames: BEYER, BRAUER, KOONTZ, SCHERER, VON ROHR, VOLZ, WENNING, WESSLING
Dear Andreas,

Yes, there's probably a connection between your VOLZs & the ones in Alsace. I have VOLZs from Gamshurst/Achern in Baden. The records there end, too, in the mid-1600s. I thought this was due to just people not keeping good records before that, or one of the many wars, but my husband, Tim, & I went to Baden this past May, & were told by the town historian that the VOLZs (at least the ones in his town...) originally came from near Strassbourg (sp?), around that time. Your place is close enough to probably be the same story.

Best wishes,

Barb in Ohio

Foltz in Germany

Wendy Folse (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Folse, Foltz, Voltz
I am currently living in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The village of Hohenecken is about 10km away. There is a castle up there and a Cathloic Church in the village. However, finding the actual records is a mystery. There are still a good many Foltz famlies in this area. Kaiserslautern is 20 milles away from Ramstien.

Strasbourg is located in France but is just across the border from here. This whole area was once considered Alsace.

Foltz in Germany

Wendy Folse (View posts)
I am currently living in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The village of Hohenecken is about 10km away. Ther is a castle up there and a Cathloic Church in the village. However, finding the actual records is a mystery. There are still a good many Foltz famlies in this area. Kaiserslautern is 20 milles away from Ramstien.

Strasbourg is located in France but is just across the border from here. This whole area was once considered Alsace.

Foltz in Germany

Wendy Folse (View posts)
I am currently living in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The village of Hohenecken is about 10km away. There is a castle up there and a Cathloic Church in the village. However, finding the actual records is a mystery. There are still a good many Foltz famlies in this area. Kaiserslautern is 20 milles away from Ramstien.

Strasbourg is located in France but is just across the border from here. This whole

Re: Foltz in Germany

Posted: 13 Jul 2001 1:35PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2002 2:33PM GMT
Surnames: Foltz, Folse
Wendy,
Good to see you posting again.

Any luck finding any documentation to link Johann Adam Foltz husband of Anna Elizabeth, as being the son of
Philipp Foltz/Volz & grandson of Peter Voltz?

I know how much you would like to find this before you have to leave the area.

The Louisiana Folses are holding our breath too.

Regards,
Lou
per page

Find a board about a specific topic