Search for content in message boards

John Adrian Adam

John Adrian Adam

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 12:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adam
Hi all
I am trying to research the movements and career of my great-uncle John Adrian Adam. I am trying to establish his date of departure from UK about 1920 and arrival in Australia.Shipping lists, Australian records have all proved unproductive,so I am anxious to receive what limited information you can provide.

Re: John Adrian Adam

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 1:38AM GMT
Hello,
Some more information could help.
His DOB, POB, parents, occupation.
What do you know about his life in Australia ?
Regards
Alison

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 6:14AM GMT

Hi "skipbs",
There is a 1978 NEW SOUTH WALES death for a John Adrian ADAM; if this is your fellow, his death certificate should state how long he was in AUSTRALIA (and each State) which will enable you to narrow your search.
A John Adrian ADAM, student, showing on AUSTRALIAN Electoral Rolls, 1954 PARKVILLE, VICTORIA 1958 & 1963 WEST SYDNEY.
There are two marriages showing for John Adrian ADAMs; QUEENSLAND 1935 / B022542 to Irina POPOV and NEW SOUTH WALES 1956 / 7885 to Olive Rosina MCKINNEY.
Irina divorced John ADAM 1938 on the grounds of adultery, Harold MUNRO was Irina's solicitor. Irina's guardian was an Ivan POPOV; Irina ADAM nee POPOV remarried NEW SOUTH WALES 1939 / 18621 to Harold MUNRO.
Irina divorced Harold MUNRO 1943 on the ground of desertion by reason of non-compliance with a decree for restitution of conjugal rights
Olive Rosina ADAM, Librarian, shows only on the 1963 AUSTRALIAN Electoral Roll at WEST SYDNEY on her own so possibly the couple parted company.

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 6:42AM GMT
Following on fro, deees response -

Sydney Morning Herald Monday 7th September 1973
LEGAL NOTICES
After 14 days from the publication of this notice an application for probate of the Will dated 7th September 1962 of OLIVE ROSINA ADAM late of Belfast deceased will be made by Kenneth Eric Lovell and John Adrian Adam Executors named in the said Will. Creditors are required to send particulars of their claims upon this Estate to K. E. LOVELL & Co Solicitors, 115 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW.

Cheers
Tania

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 10:15AM GMT
hi Alison
I was unaware this board existed and was researching with NA.Gov.AU archives.
DOB 13 June 1905 location Wishaw Scotland
parents John Adam/Margaret Anderson
principal NSW college Sydney
married three times all divorced
died 1978 Sydney
Skipbs

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 9:34PM GMT
HI deeess
you will note from my post to Alison that I was unaware of how my information regarding John Adrian Adam crept on to this forum. However thank you kindly for the information you provided as a lot of it was news to me. May I ask from where did you get this information, because it may help me in my further research particularly regarding his arrival in Australia and subsequent movements.
skipbs

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 12:00PM GMT
Hello again deeess
Reviewing your post of 23 October paragraph 1 you state that the death certificate of John Adrian Adam will provide substantial information to narrow my search: however not being an Australian citizen trying to obtain a certificate is well nigh impossible.!!
Again thanks
skipbs

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 1:49AM GMT

you can order certificates online:

NSW:
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/se...

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/searchHistoricalReco...

Queensland:
https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/IndexSearch/mainMenuSubmit.m?main...

eg

Click Purchase to buy this order.
Click Back to Search Results to return to your last Search Results page.
To begin a new search, click the Reset button in the upper right, enter new information in the search form and click Search Now.

Cheers
Jocelyn

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 7:17PM GMT
Hi Jocelyn
Thanks>I have done just as you suggested
Skipbs.

Posted: 22 Nov 2012 11:30AM GMT
hi deess
I have already thanked you for the information you gave to me recently but when I received the death certificate there was little information provided, apart from date of death and location. The remainder of the columns were annotated" unknown"!!!
Skipbs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic