Search for content in message boards

Marriage record

Marriage record

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 9:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I am looking for a marriage record/date between a Henry Rupert Scammell McDonough and his wife Maud Florence (unknown maiden name).
The marriage occurred in Victoria somewhere between 1924 and 1931, according to the electoral roll transcripts.

All help would be appreciated, thanks in advance, Judith

Re: Marriage record

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2012 10:18PM GMT
Hi Judith

The CD Index does not give the place of marriage.
Marriage Index. Victoria 1921-1942
Family Name: MCDONOUGH
Given Name: Hy Rupert Scammell
Spouse Family Name: SKINNER
Spouse Given Name: Maud Florence
Registration Year: 1925
Registration Number: 13157

TROVE may have an announcement of the marriage.

Rhonda

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 1:13AM GMT
Thankyou so much for this, Rhonda. It has finally given me a maiden name to work with. I had been going in circles, as Henry was using his step-fathers surname, which was confusing for a while there.
Judith

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2012 1:42AM GMT
Death for Hy Rupert in 1959 aged 57??? Son of Frederick & Salina (nee McVEAN) (reg 9053). They had a daughter named Margaret Joan who died in Carlton in 1944.

Could be a coincidence, but if Maud remarried...

Death for a Maud Florence FORD, daughter of Matthew SKINNER and Annie HORDER in 1976 aged 86 in Pascoevale (reg 15580).

P.S. 1925 marrage is also registered showing him as McVEAN.

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 6:19AM GMT
A big thanks for this information. It appears Henry Rupert Scammell McVean was born to unknow father, and mother Selina Jane McVean.
Selina married Frederick McDonough when Henry was about 8, and Henry then took on the McDonough surname. That is why the marriage has him down as both McDonough and McVean.
Maud Florence didn't remarry, and I have her death as being in 1991 (her parents where Charles and Maud). Thanks for checking on her anyway.
Could I ask how you looked this information up - I have the NSW BDM site, as well as the QLD one, but haven't been able to track down the VIC version.
Again, thanks for your help
Judith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions