Search for content in message boards

Foleys

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for --M. Foley and L Foley born june 14 (yr unknown) maybe yrs 1860-70. Lived in Geelong Vic. and or Hobart, Tas.
The 'L' maybe a Larry .
Also a "H" Foley born sep 14( no year)
These are from my Gran's birthday book.
She was Annie Johnson, born 1872 Launcston. Her mother was Catherine Agnes Meehan , Father Joseph Johnson. Frederick st Launceston and Little Ryrie st Geelong.

Lorraine
Lorraine

Re: Foleys

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 4:37AM GMT
Very tricky!

how do you know where they lived? If you have that info, please post it...and anything else you might have tucked away!

cheers
jocelyn
Posted: 6 Nov 2012 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Foley
Hi Lorraine

I think we need a little more information.

1. Is the FOLEY name connected to your Grandmother. (I noted you only gave her maiden name)
2. Who did your Grandmother marry?
3. When did she move to Geelong?
4. And why do you think yrs born would be about 1860-70?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
Tania
Posted: 8 Nov 2012 3:22AM GMT
Johnson and Catherine Agnes Meehan(from Co Cork) in 1870( my G Grandparents)Jo's 2nd marriage , he was 60 yrs. old.
I found A James Foley "M" Ann Meehan in 1865, he was 22 , she 25.I know all about My Johnsons but don't know the connection with the Foleys. I have another photo with Larry and a small son. Mum said his wife worked in the Mill , Launc or Hobart?
My Johnsons moved to geelong about 1882 or so where they lived in same st.( Little Ryrie) as a Foley family --Electoral roll Corio, Launceston.
I hope the photo turns up, 3rd time I've tried to send this reply. Lorraine
Attachments:
Posted: 8 Nov 2012 6:51AM GMT
Surnames: Foley and Meehan
James Meehan was witness at wedding of Joseph
Johnson and Catherine Agnes Meehan(from Co Cork) in 1870( my G Grandparents)Jo's 2nd marriage , he was 60 yrs. old.
I found A James Foley "M" Ann Meehan in 1865, he was 22 , she 25.I know all about My Johnsons but don't know the connection with the Foleys. I have another photo with Larry and a small son. Mum said his wife worked in the Mill , Launc or Hobart?
My Johnsons moved to geelong about 1882 or so where they lived in same st.( Little Ryrie) as a Foley family --Electoral roll Corio, Launceston.
I hope the photo turns up, 3rd time I've tried to send this reply.
Grandma Annie Johnson came to NSW in 1895, she never married but she and Arthur Barrett had 6 children together. he had been briefly married in Vict.and he didn't get a divorce. She and Mum visited the Foleys when They went to Tas and or geelong in the early 30's.
I keep losing this reply, so can't go back and read your questions----Thanks , Lorraine

Attachments:

per page

Find a board about a specific topic