Search for content in message boards

Looking for Ledda's in Philipines---Ilacano Sur (?)

Looking for Ledda's in Philipines---Ilacano Sur (?)

Posted: 16 Jul 2005 3:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother, Matilda Lopez Ledda, died in the philippines in 1953. She married my grandfather, Valfred Leon Reece. He was an american soldier. We have absolutely no info on Matilda. We believe she may have had a brother, Danny. She was a nurse during the war when my grandfather was over there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for Ledda's in Philipines---Ilacano Sur (?)

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ledda
Ledda's in the Philippines mostly come from Balaoan, La Union. That is the seat of our family. Coincidentally, my grandmother's name was Adela Lopez Ledda. in the Philippines, this means that her maiden name was Lopez and her married name was Ledda. In the case of your grandmother, unless she was previously married and widowed before she married your grandfather, Lopez would have been her mother's maiden name and Ledda would have been her father's surname. There is a famous Filipino POW/veteran named Daniel Laureta Ledda who was the first Filipino-American to reach the level of colonel in the American Army. He, too, was born in Balaoan, La Union, and died in Sacramento, CA. http://cgmedal4-bataanpow.tripod.com/id11.html

Hope this helps in your quest.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions