Search for content in message boards

Herrons of Drumhome Ireland & Ohio

Herrons of Drumhome Ireland & Ohio

Posted: 30 May 2007 10:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great-great-grandmother was Angel Heron, daughter of William Heron and Elizabeth Moore. They were married on April 16, 1787. Angel was born on June 29, 1788 in Drumhome Parish in County Donegal. Her husband was Robert Dixon. They were married about 1818, as their first child was born in 1819. Angel and Robert lived in Ballintooey in County Donegal.

I have found the Herron family living in Ohio and Wisconsin with the same parents as Angel's, but she is not listed. Perhaps the reason I have not found anyone else of her family in my Irish research was that they had left the country. Do you know when they left Ireland?

I feel like I have broken through a large brick wall - it is a huge leap! Maybe I will also be able to connect to my Dixon family as well. I look forward to hearing from you!

- Jane Dixon Anderson
andixj@hotmail.com

Re: Herrons of Drumhome Ireland & Ohio

Posted: 1 Jul 2007 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Herron Dickson
I have a copy of the Passenger List to America:

Ship: Catherine of Dublin

Bound for New Castle and Philadelphia. Sworn at Ballyshannon on June 9, 1804.

Passengers:

William Harran of Carrick East, Drumhome, Donegal Black age 37 Farmer Hold
Elizabeth Harran of Carrick East, Drumhome, Donegal Dark age 37 Hold
Ann Harran of Carrick East, Drumhome, Donegal Dark age 15 Hold
Jane Harran of Carrick East, Drumhome, Donegal Dark age 13 Hold
John Harran of Carrick East, Drumhome, Donegal Dark age 10 Hold
Alexr Harran of Carrick East, Drumhome, Donegal Fair age 7 Farmer (?) Hold

The notes from the person that obtained this state that children under five weren't always listed.

I also have a extensive report on the McLees / Herron family in Ohio. Please email me at dtojro@comcast.net and send a .pdf file to you. I can also scan the passenger list for you.

I'm interested in the Robert Dixon that married Angel. I am a descendent of Jane Herron (daughter of William and Elizabeth) and who married John Dickson in Ohio. Do you have any family information on Robert Dixon?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic