Surnames: Haley
Seeking Sonny, my father, who worked in the oil fields
in west Texas (Kermit, Wink, etc) in 1952
and was from Monroe, Louisiana.

Re: W L (Sonny) Haley, born around 1927

Posted: 22 Aug 2002 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi:
saw your enquiry about Sonny Haley. I have a cousin with that name. Could this be the same one. Let me know a little more about what you are looking for. I just saw him about a month ago. email me and lets talk about him. what do you know about him etc. thanks Daisy

Johnny Bowen (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2002 10:07PM GMT
Hey Daisy,
His name is actually William Darvis Haley, and Sonny is the nickname. Any relation?
Thanks for your interest!
Johnny

Velma Hart-Herbert S Haley

Posted: 23 Aug 2002 12:01PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2003 10:41AM GMT
Surnames: Haley-Hart
It would help a lot if everyone would put the location in their email. I am looking for Haley's from Northern Michigan (Ohio previously)
My grandfather's sister was Velma Hart, she married Herbert Haley. I know they had several children, but I only know the name of one, Arthur. (Only because I have a picture of him)

Posted: 23 Aug 2002 2:15PM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2003 6:26AM GMT
Hi:
He is the one and the same. If you will send me a contact number, I will call him and tell him you are looking for him and let him contact you if that is ok with you. I saw him about a month ago and he was fine.

Re: Velma Hart-Herbert S Haley

Posted: 23 Aug 2002 2:20PM GMT
Velma:
These are not the same Haley's. Somewhere they may be kin but most of these are from Louisiana by the way of Mississippi and South Carolina. Most of them still live in Louisiana and Texas. Let me know if I can be of any other help. My mother was a Haley so I know a lot about them.

Velma:
These are not the same Haley's. Somewhere they may be kin but most of these are from Louisiana by the way of Mississippi and South Carolina. Most of them still live in Louisiana and Texas. Let me know if I can be of any other help. My mother was a Haley so I know a lot about them.

Velma:

Johnny Bowen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2002 2:38PM GMT
Hey Daisy,
Thanks for the offer, but I talked to him and determined that we are not related.
Happy hunting!
Johnny

Posted: 24 Aug 2002 1:27AM GMT
Hi Johnny:
read your latest reply and I am wondering where you found him at. He doesn't live in Monroe. I am just curious. I talked with his sister this afternoon and she said he worked in the oil field in texas around that time so am wondering if you talked with the right one. There are some Haley's in Monroe but they are not kin to this line of Haley's. Let me hear from you as I really want to know if you talked with the right one, ok?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions