Search for content in message boards

family in barbados

family in barbados

Betty Leacock (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leacock, Lucombe
I am doing research on the history of the Leacock/Lucombe family for the first family reunion. I am interested in finding out how they first came to Barbados. What were the names of the patriarchs of the family? My research in the U.S so far has indicated that Leacocks arrived in Wisconsin in the late 1700's with their servants and settled in Baraboo. After they we went to Pa. I have an Aunt in Barbados named Geraldine Kippins, who lives on Chapman St.
Kippins is her married name. Any assistance in determining the beginnings of the family in the caribbean will be appreciated. Thank you.

Leacock family in Barbados

Posted: 26 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2005 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: CROMARTIE, LEACOCK, FOSTER
Betty, I am also researching my Leacock ancestors in Barbados. My great-grandmother was Constance Cromartie LEACOCK b. 1863 d. 1938. Her father was George Phillips LEACOCK born circa 1841 and his father was George William LEACOCK all of Barbados. I have not been able to get back any further as the records become patchy. I also know of another Leacock family in Barbados, but have not been able to connect them to my branch although I think they are related. If you could perhaps write to me direct with other details on your Leacock - Barbados connection, I may be able to help. The Kippins name is not familiar to me as I have been in New Zealand for the past 25 years.

Cromartie in Barbados

Posted: 24 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2002 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: cromarty
I found the name Cromartie l820 to l860 in Barbados and I'am hopeing this is the connection of my greatgrand father, James. It could be his father. I have records of Cromartie(Cromarty) going back to the Orkney Islands, Scotland but I've been unable to connect James. My grandfather was born in St. Kitts l882. Please let me know where and how you placed a Cromartie in Barbados.

Cromartie

Posted: 22 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: CROMARTIE
Did you know of the CROMARTIE cionnection in Bladen, Co. NC? If interested we may be able to help.

cromarty

Posted: 23 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2002 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: cromarty, van engle
Yes I do know of the Cromarty's in N. C., I wrote to Mrs. William Sherman a few years ago. I cannot find my Cromarties connection from St. Kitts back to Orkney. All I know right now is that GGgrandfather James Cromarty married Elizabeth Van Engle. They had 6 children (my Grandfather was Axil, and they all left St. Kitts before the turn of the century for New york. I have a geneology report of some l00 pages of the Orkney descendants. I have also found there was a Cromarty in Barbados but cant connect him. Please E-mail me direct if you have anything you'd like to respond to. I understand all of us Cromarties are related.

Judge Leacock of Barbados

Posted: 2 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 11:44AM GMT
Surnames: LEACOCK, INCE
I'm trying to identify the Judge Leacock of Barbados who adopted my aunt, Kathleen Rose Mary INCE (b. 1913), and left her his estate. Judge Leacock was married but with no children of his own. Are there any Leacocks out there who can help me identify this individual ? I have no dates nor the Christian name of the Judge or his wife, but Kathleen subsequently married a Dutchman, Maarten Kieft, in 1937. She died in Holland in 1987. Any help would be appreciated.

hi

Raquel Lucombe (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hi, this is Raquel. I am Garnet's daughter. Remember when you visited us in New York. I was just trying to look at things on the internet about our family and i saw this. I cant wait for the reunion. Did my dad ever respond to the invitation? Is there going to be a lot of people thereat the reunion? How's your daughter doing? Tell her i siad hi.

Searching for Leacock

Monique Hall (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Leacock, Hall
Hello Barrie, I am also searching for Leacocks in Barbados. The relative I am searching for and information about name is Clarance Leacock. He is my grandfather. I have never seen him and neither has my father. He fathered 3 children in Brooklyn, NY with my Grandmother Lillian Hall from 1948-1952.
Their names are Earla, Lawrence, and Wilma Hall.

I would appreciate any info you have on any Leacocks in Barbados or in New York.
Good Luck on your search

Peace & Blessings

Monique

Re: Cromartie

Posted: 26 Oct 2002 7:36PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2003 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Cromartie
looking for "black" Cromartie family. Sheldon Cromartie b. around Elizabethtown, NC, Bladen Cty. Married to nina McKeever. Had son Robert Stanley born 12 June 1928 Elizabethtown, NC. These Cromartie ancestors were slaves to Cromartie Plantation. Thanks

Re: Cromartie

Posted: 26 Oct 2002 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2004 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: Cromartie
I do not have any info on "black" Cromartie in our files. There are some living today in Elizabethtown, NC.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions