Search for content in message boards

Isaac Washington "Watt" McGuire

Isaac Washington "Watt" McGuire

Melanie McGuire (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGuire
I'm researching Capt. Watt McGuire. I'm not sure what my relation to him is. I have a newspaper article given to my grandfathers brother in 1961. Don't know what paper, but byline is Tom Herline, Leader Editor. McGuire built a house (with Barney McCloud) in Simsboro, LA on a 600-acre plantation (Lincoln Parish Road 303). The land certificates are dated 1837 show the owner to be Jabez Sanders. McGuire was a veterinarian and he died in 1896. Earl McGuire, Watt's grandson, was living in the house at the time of the article. I'm planning on traveling to Simsboro to see the house and what information I can find. My fathers family is from New Mexico, but I believe they came from Louisiana. Any information you may have would be appreciated.

Isaac W. McGuire

Posted: 18 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Mcguire, Pruitt, Givens
I am researching my McGuire ancestors in Lincoln Parish and Bienville Parish, Louisiana. My great grandfather, Isaac Edgar Mcguire is buried in Oak Grove cemetery, located on LA 147 south of Arcadia, Louisiana. Many of his relatives are buried in the Givens cemetery located very near Oak Grove. I have a complete listing of the tombstone information.

In the Givens cemetery is buried Capt. I. W. McGuire b. April 24, 1834, d. March 29, 1896. I am trying to determine if he is my great great grandfather or a great great uncle. He was apparently in the 12th LA Infantry CSA, Co. B., Arcadia Invincibles, Bienville Parish during the Civil War.

The old home in which my great grandfather was born is still standing and located just south of Simsboro, Louisiana. I am unsure of the highway number.

It seems that we have some common ancestors. I will be happy to provide any information that I have and would appreciate any you have in return.

Re: Isaac W. McGuire

Glenda Hill (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2001 12:53AM GMT
Hi! I am looking for my great grandfather, William W. McGuire. We show he died in Bienville, La. 29th of Oct. 1895. We show that he was buried in the Old Carolina Inn, Bienville. We also think he was born in Alabama. If you have any information on our Great Grandfather, we would love to hear from you. We have been looking for such a long time for his family. His wife was Elizabeth Susan Dulaney, who is buried in the Campground cemetery, La. Please help us if you can. Thanks, Glenda

Re: Isaac Washington "Watt" McGuire

Glenda Hill (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2001 1:07AM GMT
Hi! I am looking for my Great-Grandfather, William W. McGuire, who died in Bienville, La. in 1895. We think his father was Issac McGuire. William W.'s first born son was named Issac. William was married to Elizabeth Susan Dulaney also died in Bienville. William was buried in the old Carolina Inn, and Elizabeth died in 1896, was buried in the Old Campground cemetery. If you have any information on our Great-Grandfather, please let us know. We have been looking for them, for such a long time. Thanks, Glenda

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:32AM GMT
Glenda, I am looking for Oscar McGuire's b. 1874. He was born in Louisiana and lived and raised a family in Rapides Parish, LA. I'm having trouble locating his father who is supposedly from Tuscalousa, Alabama which I know your William and Susan Dulaney are originally from there also. Do you have the names of William and Susan's son's children? Any information you have on their oldest sons would be very helpful. Thanks, Phyllis thibp@cox.net

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 2:43AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2003 11:41PM GMT
Hi Terry! I am sorry, I really don't have much on those older sons, other than their names and the third ones wife. The oldest son was Issic McGuire, then John Mcguire, then James Lafette McGuire. James was born 10 Oct. 1850. married to Elizabeth Warren. That's all I have. If I do find anything more on this line, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Glenda

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: Givens McGuire Madden
Please let me know if this is still a good email acct.

My family is buried in Arcadia in the Givens - McGuire cemetary. I'd love to compare notes!

Thansk!

Posted: 24 Mar 2012 7:57AM GMT
Hi Isaac

I actually grew up on McGuire road. At the end of the road at the intersection of McGuire and Eaves roads was the old McGuire home place. It was a very large two story home with detatched kitchen. The place was starting to fall down when I was young and my parents threatened us with our lives if we went in it so of course we did. I don't remember a lot about it except for a big stair case. All that can be found their now is a bunch of old rusty tin. The property owners decided to log the propert probably 20 years ago now and decided to for some reason burn what was still standing of the house to the ground. But from all the tin from the roof one can imagine the size of the home. My dad said there is a drawing of the house located in one of the halls or lobbies of Northern Louisiana Hospital in Ruston, La. I have not seen the picture but from what he said it is quite detailed. I know it was a long time ago that you posted this message but I hope that mine will
Somehow get to you.

James
per page

Find a board about a specific topic