Search for content in message boards

Bertha Mielke

Bertha Mielke

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 9:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Dec 2001 6:35PM GMT
Surnames: Mielke
Looking for information on Bertha Mielke's family such as parents names and place of origin in Germany. The Mielke's farmed west of Baraboo, had one son, Gus, and four daughters, Bertha, Amelia, Anna, and Emma.

Re: Bertha Mielke

Tracey A. Mielke (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2001 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Mielke
Hello--
My grandparents camefrom Germany and settled in Rib Lake, Wi. Their names were Clarence and Gertrude Mielke, they lived on Mielke Road. My grandmother's maiden name is Kershmyer -- My grandfather was born on October 19, 1910,and died in May1976-- They have two sons and one daughter-- Allen, Darrell, and Marilyn. If you have any info. in respect to pictures, stories, or other relatives, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

Posted: 26 Dec 2001 1:54AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2003 4:26PM GMT
Looks like we are from different Mielke families. My gr-gr grandparents came from Germany in the 1870's and settled in Sauk County, Wisconsin Have you checked out the Mielke web site? You can reach it from ancestry.com or rootsweb.com. Good luck in your search.

Re: Clarence Mielke in Rib Lake

Posted: 28 Sep 2002 6:22PM GMT
Tracey,

My great-grandmother Bertha Mielke lived in Rib Lake (I have a photo of her there with her husband Herman Hanke - probably on or near Mielke Road. Herman was originally from around Dresden and the Mielke's likely were too) and would have been old enough to be your grandfather Clarence Mielke's aunt, since she was about 43 years older than him. I would bet 10 dollars she was either his aunt or grand aunt. Therefore, it's more likely your grandfather was born in Rib Lake rather than in Germany (he was born in 1910?). You will be able to get Clarence's parents' names via his death certificate in Madison.

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 10:54PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2006 1:31AM GMT
Albert & Martha Mielkie had two daughters: Mayme and Bertha. For some reason they were put in an orphanages and foster care. Their parents were from Germany. I believe I have found my mother Bertha in the 1920 census in Sauk County as a boarded at the age of 13. Do you have any information on these people? Please e-mail me at (patdickow@cox.net) Sincerely,Pat

tracey mielke (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2002 11:30PM GMT
thank you for your reply that is great, i would love to see the photo. my grandfather owned all the property on mielke both sides, operated a full blown farm and worked at the rib lake saw mill camp ???? well you probobly know. no he was not born in 1910 sorry his father( my great grand father) died of stomach cancer in 1910. my father is un-available right now for questions but i do remember stories being told about herman hanke.

thanks tracey

David (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2002 6:24PM GMT
I'll attach the photo of Herman and Bertha (nee Mielke) Hanke to this response. They're standing outside their home in Rib Lake. I'm trying to establish if your Clarence Mielke is the brother or nephew of Bertha, my great-grandmother.
Attachments:

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Mielke, Miller, Corser, Schaumburg, Wolfgram, Zilisch, Laubenheimer
I'm actually researching the surname Mielke. My biological grandmother was Mayme (MIELKE) Miller. She was born January 2, 1910 and died Sept. 1987 in Neenah, Wisconsin. I don't have much on this family, I do know Mayme had 11 children one of them being my father. My father was removed from the house and put into foster care at the age of 5 so he doesn't recall alot either. I hope this helped in solving a missing link.

Posted: 4 Mar 2003 4:20AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2004 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Mielke / Korby / Peterson / Pietila
Albert & Martha Mielke had two daughters that I know of. Mayme born 24 Oct 1904 and (my mother) Bertha 10 Oct 1910 in Milwaukee,WI The birth date are not written in stone as both sisters lied about their ages. And Mayme had means of changing dates! Both girs became orphans very young. My Aunt Mae did die in WI about the year of your Mayme.Please if you want to exchange any infomation e-mail me (patdickow@cox.net). I would be interested to find out if there is a connection. I have not been doing very well on my mothers family MIELKES. Seems to be a lot of secrets in this family line. Have found a few very interesting! Pat Dickow

JEANNE WALLENDAL JESSIE (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2003 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: JESSIE, WALLENDAL, COLVIN, MORTIMER, COLLINS, VANDESTREEK, BERG, GIBEAUT
I have a Bertha Mielke SMITH, one of eight children of Otto and Ida SCHWANZ MIELKE. I don't have a birth date for her, but do have information on several of her sisters, born in Wisconsin, which leads me to think Bertha was also born there. If this is your family, please email me direct at: jcollects@earthlink.net. Hope I can help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions