Search for content in message boards

Gregg ancestory

Gregg ancestory

Jan Gregg Walker (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2000 9:05PM GMT
Looking to work with others on Gregg/Gragg family tree. My great-great grandfather: William Gragg m.Jane Gragg. Children: Andrew Jackson Gragg b.10/9/1855 m.Melissa Caroline Woodland 12/25/1877, Samuel b.12/22/1857, Catherine b. 04/09/1862, Sylvia Ann b. 08/08/1864,Arther b.11/04/1868,
Rose Alpha b. 11/04/1873 m. William Crooks, Albert b.03/11/1890
contact me for more info on this line.

Gregg ancestry

Posted: 20 Mar 2000 2:42PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 2:09PM GMT
Where did your Gregg ancestors live? I am a descendant of the ones who lived in MO in the 1840's until ??? They moved there from OH. Some of them went to TX and into OK. We might be able to connect names. Direct email is cardi11647@aol.com
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 10:57AM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 2:10PM GMT
I am working the Gregg line in NC we have a Willliam Nelson Gregg born in Bumcumb Co. NC. His father was Shelby Gragg. E-mail me if I can help
Nancy

Correction

Posted: 5 Apr 2000 10:59AM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 2:10PM GMT
William Nelson Gregg father was Winslow A. Gregg and his father was Shelby Gragg.

Gregg -OH,MO,OK

Nyla Potter (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2000 9:55AM GMT

My great grandmother was a Gregg. Barbara Elizabeth Gregg b. 1864 Megis Co. OH, died 13 Dec. 1912 Indiahoma,Tillman Co.,OK she was the dau. of Milton Howard Gregg and Susannah Day. Barbara E. Gregg married 26 Mar 1886 Worth Co. MO to Theodore Roach. Milton Howard Gregg b. 23 Aug 1833 Belmont Co. OH d. 25 Mar 1895 Lincolon twsp. Harrison Co. MO. Married 28 Nov 1854 Millersburg,Meigs Co.,OH. Susannah Day. b.29 Aug 1835 OH,d.9 Mar 1904 Worth Co.,MO. daughter of Joel Day and Barbara Yeater.
Family history notes Milton Howard Gregg
reporting he was 1/4 french and 1/4 Native American. He was raised by his grandmother who was of full native american ancestry. Milton and Susannah Day-Gregg oldest son Oliver Clark Gregg retired to the Osage nation reservation in Oklahoma, in the early 1900's. Milton was a short,husky built stature with dark hair and brown eyes. His grandfathers name is thought to be Oliver Gregg. During the Civil War Milton Howard Gregg and his father in law Joel Day were involved in the underground railroad. Transporting escaped slaves who came across the OHIO river to their farm they would hide them for a time at the farm,then transport them farther north hidden in wagons of fire wood. Their involvment was nearly discovered near the end of the Civil War and the family was forced to move West,settling in Missouri,losing the grand farm on the bluffs above the Ohio river.
I hoping to find Milton's Parents and
grandparents. Other than his place of
birth I have not been able to find much
about his family. Miton was a methodist
minister and a layman practioner of the
healing arts-medicine taught to him by his
grandmother. He practiced as a midwife country doctor in the NW Missouri counties and was known as"The Shepherd of the Nation".
He was a good friend of Rueban Roach a M.D.
from Ohio their children married and Rueban
married the widow of Joel Day,the father in
law to Milton Gregg.
A number of the Gregg,Roach,Campbell Weddle
families of the area moved to Oklahoma in the
late 1890's to early 1900's to make claims of the government land available at the time.
They were around Arnett Durham Oklahoma.

Gregg -OH,MO,OK

Nyla Potter (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2000 9:55AM GMT

My great grandmother was a Gregg. Barbara Elizabeth Gregg b. 1864 Megis Co. OH, died 13 Dec. 1912 Indiahoma,Tillman Co.,OK she was the dau. of Milton Howard Gregg and Susannah Day. Barbara E. Gregg married 26 Mar 1886 Worth Co. MO to Theodore Roach. Milton Howard Gregg b. 23 Aug 1833 Belmont Co. OH d. 25 Mar 1895 Lincolon twsp. Harrison Co. MO. Married 28 Nov 1854 Millersburg,Meigs Co.,OH. Susannah Day. b.29 Aug 1835 OH,d.9 Mar 1904 Worth Co.,MO. daughter of Joel Day and Barbara Yeater.
Family history notes Milton Howard Gregg
reporting he was 1/4 french and 1/4 Native American. He was raised by his grandmother who was of full native american ancestry. Milton and Susannah Day-Gregg oldest son Oliver Clark Gregg retired to the Osage nation reservation in Oklahoma, in the early 1900's. Milton was a short,husky built stature with dark hair and brown eyes. His grandfathers name is thought to be Oliver Gregg. During the Civil War Milton Howard Gregg and his father in law Joel Day were involved in the underground railroad. Transporting escaped slaves who came across the OHIO river to their farm they would hide them for a time at the farm,then transport them farther north hidden in wagons of fire wood. Their involvment was nearly discovered near the end of the Civil War and the family was forced to move West,settling in Missouri,losing the grand farm on the bluffs above the Ohio river.
I hoping to find Milton's Parents and
grandparents. Other than his place of
birth I have not been able to find much
about his family. Miton was a methodist
minister and a layman practioner of the
healing arts-medicine taught to him by his
grandmother. He practiced as a midwife country doctor in the NW Missouri counties and was known as"The Shepherd of the Nation".
He was a good friend of Rueban Roach a M.D.
from Ohio their children married and Rueban
married the widow of Joel Day,the father in
law to Milton Gregg.
A number of the Gregg,Roach,Campbell Weddle
families of the area moved to Oklahoma in the
late 1890's to early 1900's to make claims of the government land available at the time.
They were around Arnett Durham Oklahoma.

RE: Greggs of OH/MO/OK

Posted: 9 Apr 2000 3:55PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 2:09PM GMT
Nyla, it seems to me that it is more than coincidence that your Gregg ancestors lived in the same states as mine did - OH/MO/OK. While I do not have those names in my direct ancestral line for the Greggs, there is probably a link such as uncles, cousins or such. Many times, I have learned, when one branch of the family decided to head out to another part of the country, other family members moved too. I will keep you in mind as I do my searches forward anything that pertains. Good luck. Di

Greggs OH MO OK

Di Armstrong (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 7:28PM GMT
Thank you for the reply. Hope we find a
link somewhere.

Sincerely,
Nyla Potter

Gregg

Janet Gregg (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 10:44AM GMT
I would love some help on my husband's
family tree. His name is William Gregg
his father is John Alexander Gregg,
grandfather was David Gregg, great
grandfather was Nickolas Gregg that was
supposed to come from England with his
two brothers, one was John. If you have
any information anything would be
appreciated.

Thank you!

Janet Gregg, Canada

Gregg's

Jan Gregg/Walker (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 2:38PM GMT
My family tree begins with King Gregory The Great, son of King Dungallus of Scotland. William (m. Margary)came to U.S. with Wm. Penn also brothers:Robert, James (m. Catherine DeVoss)children:Michael,James,Andrew Jackson ,Samuel and William and Nancy. My great-great-great grandfather-Jim Gregg had a son,William married Jane Everhart who's parents were Andrew Jackson Everhart and Zero, a Wyandotte Indian born at the mission in Wyandotte County, Ohio. William and Jane had:Andrew Jackson, Samuel, Catherine, Arther, Rose Alpha, Albert.
These records were compiled by my Great Aunt when she was 94 yrs. old. I have had these for about 20+ years. There is mention of John Gregg who was a cousin. John had three children: Hattie, Gilbert adn June. Hattie married??? he was a railroader, Gilbert married Amy Rhoades and June supposedly never married.
Maybe through cross checking we can help each other to complete the family trees. You may contact me at jgregg@midohio.net. My given name is Janet Gregg.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic