Search for content in message boards

Sitha Koger, Ider, DeKalb Co., AL

Sitha Koger, Ider, DeKalb Co., AL

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 4:19PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2001 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: Koger, Young, Smith
Looking for info on Sitha Koger, who married William Marion Young. They lived at Ider, AL. Their daughter, Lillie Elizabeth Young, my g-mother, married Wallace Jerome Smith from Mentone, DeKalb Co., AL. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Sitha Koger, Ider, DeKalb Co., AL

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 3:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jan 2005 11:50PM GMT
my great aunts name was sitha koger; she was my grand
fathers oldest sister. they were from ider alabama.

however, my aunt married marion steele; they had

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 3:25AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2005 11:50PM GMT
four children; she died in 1979. give me the birthdate
of your grandmother; i'll check it out.

ekog@aol.com

Posted: 4 Jan 2003 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2005 3:28AM GMT
This is very interesting!!! There is bound to be a connection to the two Sitha (Sytha) Kogers!! My g-grandmother was Sytha Serena Koger, born Oct. 4, 1865, and died July 29, 1924. She married William Marion Young. Her parents were William Koger and Margaret Irene Bouldin. William Koger was the son of Charles Cagle Koger and Sytha Rice. I have the Koger line back to Claus Koger, who was born Jan. 1, 1550 in Weil am Rhein, Baden, Germany.
My grandmother, Lillie Elizabeth Young, was the daughter of William Marion Young and Sytha Serena Koger. Lillie (Nannie to all of us), was born at Ider, Ala., June 11, 1895, and died at Mentone, Ala., May 18, 1993. She married Wallace Jerome Smith of Mentone.
I'm sure my g-grandmother and your g-aunt were related! I would be interested to hear more of your family line! You can E-mail me at littlebear_13@hotmail.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Wayne

Posted: 5 Jun 2003 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 10 Nov 2003 11:21PM GMT
I have a little info on your Sitha--and yes, there were several Sitha/Sythas in the Koger line, beginning with Sytha Rice who married Charles Cagle Koger, Sr. Your Sitha and William M. Young are buried in Fuller Cemetery, DeKalb County, Alabama. I am interested in William's line as there are other Koger/Young connections. I have William b. 1 Oct 1859 in SC; d. 11 Oct 1908, probably in DeKalb County, AL. Do you have parents, siblings, etc.?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions