Search for content in message boards

Descendants of William White of Mayflower

Descendants of William White of Mayflower

Posted: 23 May 2001 12:35AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 6:58PM GMT
A distant White cousin of mine in Kentucky told me that her father traced the family line back to William White of the Mayflower.
Years ago all his research papers were lost.
I would like help to try and re establish the missing links back to William White of the Mayflower. My link starts with Robert also known as Robin White who ended up in
Breathitt County,Kentucky.
The following is from a paper at the Kentucky Historical Society Frankfort, Ky:
"There is a family tradition in the family that a member of the White family moved from Wales to England to Holland and from there set sail on the Speedwell for America. The Speedwell was too small for the trip and they were transfered to the Mayflower and landed in Massachusett in 1620. Later moved to Virginia. About 1700 the youngest son of this family moved to North Carolina. During the Revolutunary War there were three sons of the youngest son and they became widely seperated. One going to Missouri, one back to Virginia and the other one stayed in North Carolina, from the North Carolina branch came Robert(Robin)White into Kntucky
It id handed down that three brothers and a sister came from Goose Creek, North Carolina with a John Allen after 1820. They were:
John G. White who settled in Lee County, Kentucky.
Daw White who settled in Clay County, Kentucky and was killed by the Pilpots
Robert(Robin)White who settled in Breathitt County, Kentucky
Drucilla or Durcinda White who mrried a Gillium and settled in Wolfe County Ky.
Robin first married a Margaret Stamper in Ash County, Virginia and produced the following children; Lydia, Alfred, Martha and Nancy.
His second marriage was to Rachael Becknell in North Carolina. They had a son Simeon
then moved to Breathitt Co.Ky. where they had the following children: Allison White ( He was my gg grandfather), Abijah White,James White, Jane White, Samuel White and Mahala White.
So I need to know for starters, who were the parents in North Carolina of the three brothers and one sister who came to Kentucky. Can anyone help me?

Regards,

David H. Riggs
DHRiggsLondon@aol.com

Re: Descendants of William White of Mayflower

Posted: 3 Jul 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: White/Lackey
I have a William White who was granted land by Lord Granville on Dec. 29. 1760 on Third Creek in Rowan County, NC. He had two sons -- Andrew and William, and one daughter, Elizabeth White Lackey. Andrew is my ancestor and moved to Alabama. Not sure what happened to Samuel. Elizabeth also moved to Alabama. Could they be connected to your NC Whites?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic