Search for content in message boards

Children of Orphan trains from Ny to Illinois will do lookups

Children of Orphan trains from Ny to Illinois will do lookups

sally (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2003 9:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just bought the book"Children of orphan trains from New York to Illinois and beyond" it has a listing of children and where they were placed. I would be glad to do lookups for anyone.
sally@cavenet.com

Re: Children of Orphan trains from Ny to Illinois will do lookups

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 7:17PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2003 8:44PM GMT
What was the orphan train? I'm looking for my mother Alice Chandler who lived with a Bess Goodyknootz. Adoption papers were never signed.

sally (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2003 12:37AM GMT
Sorry those names are not in the book I have. If you are intrested in the orphan train movement it is very well documented on the net. Type in "Orphan trains" to a search engine and follow the links. It was a very intresting time in history.

Posted: 11 Oct 2003 6:40AM GMT
Have you ever heard of a similar book for Ny to Wisconsin? And does your book cover children form the New York Foundling? or just those from the Childrens aid society?
Thanks, Mike

Posted: 5 Nov 2003 9:50PM GMT
i'm looking for orphans from the romano family, julia, beatrice, adam, and eva romano. are any of these names in your book?
i have a new e-mail address.
e-mail me direct at nbusch@adelphia.net.
thank you
nancy

Thomas Crane (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2003 4:07AM GMT
Hi Sally,

You said that you would do look-ups of Orphan Train Riders from the book that you purchased.

I am searching for an Elizabeth (Lizzie) Wilson who was born approximately 1882. She was accompanied by her brother whose age and name are not known. Lizzie was adopted by Peter and Carolina Malloy in either Braidwood or Spring Valley, Illinois.

Lizzie Wilson married John Crane in Spring Valley, Illinois in 1898. These people were my grand-parents.

I would appreciate any information that you may be able to provide.

Thank you, Tom Crane

sally (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2003 3:27PM GMT
Im sorry I do not see your Wilson family in my book.There were so many children and so few lists kept I wish you luck in your search.
sally

Thomas Crane (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2003 6:00PM GMT
Dear Sally, Thank you for checking. Although you did not find any results, at least you gave it a try and you were kind enough to reply. Best wishes, Tom Crane

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2003 6:28PM GMT
I am looking for children with the last name Garecht sometimes spelled Garrecht. Thank you for your help.

Jenny (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2003 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Orphan trains
Hi there!! Yes, I was wondering if you could look up in your book and tell me if there was a Florence Tucker. She was born abt. 1890. She had 3 sisters, that were dropped off in Delaware Co. IN. Her sisters names are: Lottie E. Tucker, Laura Tucker, and Nettie Catherine Tucker...Father was: Charles W. Tucker and Mother was: Della Bartlett...if you need more information, let me know and I will see what I can do...they were from Boston, MA...thanks so much!!! Jen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions