Search for content in message boards

Stambaugh-Stumbo Relationship

Stambaugh-Stumbo Relationship

Harry D Stambaugh (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stambaugh, Stumbo
It is well documented that 5 brothers and 1 sister by the name of Stambaugh entered Floyd County in 1812. Four of the brothers settled in what is now Johnson county but Frederick settled on L Beaver Creek.We have not been able to establish the origin of the Stumbo name per se. Many spelling of Stambaugh exist including Stumbo. It has been passed down via family oral history that Frederick begun to spell his name phonetically Stumbo. The Stambaugh name is still pronounced by some in that manner. Can you help esatablish vital statistics on this assumption. Please?

Fredrick Stambaugh or Stambaugh Brothers

PHILLIP IVAN STAMBAUGH (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stambaugh
Harry,

My Name is Phillip Stambaugh and I live at Sitka, Ky. My. Fathers name is Ephriam Stambaugh, the books I have read on mention Fredick very shortly...If You would like to knoe the names of these books please e-mail me.

Thanks Phillip
God Bless

Response to Stambaugh inquiry

Posted: 14 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
In response to you query re Phillip Stambaugh I am capable of producing information on the Stambaugh line to l637, including the Kentucky migration into Floyd and later Johnson Co in the early 1800. If you have an interest in your line to Phillip inquire via above e mail address. HDS

Response to Stambaugh inquiry

Posted: 14 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
In response to you query re Phillip Stambaugh I am capable of proding information on the Stambaugh line to l637, including the Kentucky migration into Floyd and later Johnson Co in the early 1800. If you have an interest in your line to Phillip inquire via above e mail address. HDS

Contacts for information on Stambaugh's

Karen Adams (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2004 9:47AM GMT
Anyone researching these names can contact me direct and I'll give you an address for the person who is currently doing research on Frederick Stambaugh of Floyd County.

If you visit www.robertfleming.org you will find information on the early Stambaugh's

Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2003 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Stumbo, Stambaugh
Hello Phillip,

May I please have the names of those books you have read on our family history? I am trying desperately to find my uncle and aunt and any other family members that are alive. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Julie Stumbo

Re: Fredrick Stambaugh or Stambaugh Brothers

Posted: 14 Nov 2001 12:13AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2001 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: stambaugh or stumbo
please let me know all the information on Fredrick Stambaugh family this is my line of ancestors.

Re: Response to Stambaugh inquiry

Posted: 12 Apr 2002 2:36PM GMT
I am very intested in the Phillip Stambaugh line any information you have would be helpful. Thank you very much
Carol

Re: Contacts for information on Stambaugh's

Claudette Stumbo Reaume (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2003 3:11PM GMT
I am researching info and trying to find a book or journal that my Uncle Edward Stumbo put together before he died. I am a decendant of the Left Beaver Creek Family.

Re: Fredrick Stambaugh or Stambaugh Brothers

Posted: 10 Feb 2003 6:38AM GMT
Hi. I have spent the last few years researching the Stumbo/Stambaugh Surname as it applies to my line. I have recently had a computer crash and a problem with my backup files and lost everything I had. I am hoping someone would be willing to help me out and send me any info they have. It is rather frustrating as I had gone as far back as Jacob Stambaugh who came over from Germany. I believe 5 greats back from me. Please contact me at froggie_mama26@hotmail.com

Thanks so much,
Christy Stumbo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions